RARE VENEER! Heresy 1 from 1978, Near Scranton, PA $460

Oicu812

I can't get there to pick these up, I hope someone on the Forum will give them a good home!  The serial numbers appear to be 54S296 and 7.

@wvu80 These might be close enough to you...

w4mqomh8fx7lirysnkuh.jpg
Klipsch Heresy speakers from the late 70s early 80s. Very clean all around-Rare African Rosewood finish with brown covers! They sound very nice , no damage . Local pickup only - too nice to ship:)
reverb.com

w4mqomh8fx7lirysnkuh.jpg

imgohhptp6p3jbsplvu9.jpg

srumijrycap8o6e52gpj.jpg

k8kzzme4tk4k3dhyxuks.jpg

afuwvo0j0ymiht1uhjwz.jpg

pli1cvtwa5jmechgwhw8.jpg

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Schu said:

I'd like to be able to read the label to be sure they are factory finishes.

Why? What's the difference? They look gorgeous and at that bargain price, who cares. I remember being chastised for basically telling a Heresy seller here that claimed a pair of '77 "Golden Era" Heresys made of Birch were RARE, and he wanted $850 for them. I told him to part them out on Ebay (I doubt even then he even came close to his asking price).

These are truly rare and gorgeous (for those who like Rosewood). Even PWK had 2 Rosewood Khorns at his house when he went for 5 channels (the other side of the room was a K B K setup in Walnut).

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Schu said:

Go get'em if you want some want some noodlers weekend project.

If they are factory, the represent a great collectors opportunity. For some reason, I've seen that veneer before.

I'll say they look absolutely spectacular, if a "noodler" did this I'd say Wow!

But yes, I agree, if they are factory, that makes them that much more special.  I tried to zoom in on the labels, but from what I could see they appear to be blank.  Doesn't mean I'm saying they're blank, just that when I tried to look I couldn't see any writing.

IF I was anywhere close, or knew of anyone who could pick them up, I'd grab them.  But they are fairly up towards the NE part of Pennsylvania.  I don't know why, with these smaller speakers, the seller wouldn't be willing to even bring them somewhere and have FedEx pack them to ship if they didn't want to do it for whatever reason.

17 hours ago, Oicu812 said:

@wvu80 These might be close enough to you...

Klipsch Heresy speakers from the late 70s early 80s. Very clean all around-Rare African Rosewood finish with brown covers! They sound very nice , no damage . Local pickup only - too nice to ship:)
reverbNot close to.  Those are nice looking!

15 hours ago, Schu said:

I care... That's why I made the statement.

If they are factory, the represent a great collectors opportunity. For some reason, I've seen that veneer before.

Thanks for the clarification. As a collector, how many different genuine Klipsch veneered speakers have you collected? Which models? My favorite would be Zebrawood Khorns.

BTW, I like your "weekend noodlers" expression. Funny stuff!

1 hour ago, wvu80 said:

I have made an offer. The seller will accept $400.

BTW, when I toured the Klipsch factory in Hope, I was told, by Woody Jackson, that veneered speakers from the 70's used the same Poplar Core pre-veneered lumber that was used on Khorns and Belles, whether they were Heresy or Cornwall. Based on looking at the backs, I can tell this is the case with these, FYI.

• Like 1

On 11/11/2018 at 10:55 AM, ClaudeJ1 said:

I'm wondering if ClaudeJ1 has actually purchased these speakers or just found out that the seller would accept an offer of $400.  Does this mean, as ClaudeJ1 is in Detroit, the seller is then shipping them there?

I too am interested in them, and I believe previous to ClaudeJ1, made an offer of $460 (full price) + paying for all shipping charges including packing at FedEx, and without comment the seller rejected my offer.

On 11/11/2018 at 7:55 AM, ClaudeJ1 said:

BTW, when I toured the Klipsch factory in Hope, I was told, by Woody Jackson, that veneered speakers from the 70's used the same Poplar Core pre-veneered lumber that was used on Khorns and Belles, whether they were Heresy or Cornwall. Based on looking at the backs, I can tell this is the case with these, FYI.

Hey Claude!

Woody is a friend of mine. Known each other since the early 80's. Don't know if anyone else knows this, but he is a member here. "Poodywee".

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Emile said:

Holy cow ... what a bargain :D 

It's a bargain alright, but it's a 17 hour drive round trip for me, so I passed and passed along the info. I have too many Heresies now. But "dey sho is purty."

From all indications, the seller does NOT want to ship them and is willing to discount the price to remove all hassle involved as the holidays draw near. I'm sure someone will buy these before Thanksgiving.

I'm 99% sure the veneers are Klipsch made and NOT by a "weekend noodler," acording to the California kibbutz meister who would never buy them to begin with since the labels can't be read.

• Sad 1

59 minutes ago, ClaudeJ1 said:

From all indications, the seller does NOT want to ship them and is willing to discount the price to remove all hassle involved as the holidays draw near. I'm sure someone will buy these before Thanksgiving.

Maybe this is better in the Pony Express section, but is there anybody on the forum here close enough to get these for me?  If they even keep them for a month while I arrange to get them to Florida that would work.

I can't believe the guy won't bother dropping them off at a FedEx location.  That's it, doesn't seem like a huge deal, but he obviously won't do it, apparently a real hassle, so I'm supposed to do a 45 hour round trip drive instead.  I'd pay the FedEx people to pack them, I'd pay the FedEx people to ship them.  I just need somebody to drive the however many miles between his house and the FedEx location.  I'd pay whoever can do this, I'd even pay the seller, but he doesn't care.

On 11/10/2018 at 7:07 PM, Schu said:

I care... That's why I made the statement.

I resemble that remark...

Some of my best noodling has been done on the weekend!

• Haha 1

Resent!!!

I am currently noodling a pair of Peavey FH-1 bins that will be mated to a K510 top hat.

My last noodle was a pair of Jub-likes in Tigerwood (Claude is now the guardian of these), I decided to go with Flatcut Walnut for these new ones.

The Rosewood on the above Heresies is gorgeous, whether OEM or noodled.

• Like 2