newbie seeking KG 2.5V info

rick mccarthy

So my neighbor gives me a pair because he says one is ' blown'. Having not touched a speaker since the seventies but now starting to collect some good ol' stereo equipment to enjoy like the old days, I open them up to get model numbers and wonder what would be the best route to get replacements. Please  forgive me if I don't use the right terms (what we used to call a speaker is now known as a driver, correct?). Each speaker box contains 2 midrange 6inch and a tweeter along with the electronics(think that's a crossover) and both mids are shot but the tweeter sounds great. Other box, everything works great. Would appreciate direction on purchasing. (2)K10195. BTW, browsed the forum quite a while before joining and am very impressed with the thoroughness. Don't understand 99% but I recognize passion when I see it. Good job!

2 hours ago, rick mccarthy said:

So my neighbor gives me a pair because he says one is ' blown'. Each speaker box contains 2 midrange 6inch and a tweeter along with the electronics(think that's a crossover) and both mids are shot but the tweeter sounds great. Other box, everything works great. Would appreciate direction on purchasing. (2)K10195.

Decent speakers, congrats! Best bet would probably be Craigslist or eBay check for complete single speakers for under $100 either replace the one altogether or swap parts if you want to keep a matching pair, good luck.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Klipsch-KG-2-5-Black-Speaker/264034171964?hash=item3d79a9bc3c:g:XksAAOSwX-pb58Md:rk:4:pf:0

2 hours ago, rick mccarthy said:

both mids are shot but the tweeter sounds great. Other box, everything works great

Hi Rick, welcome to the forum.  Not sure I understand ... one box is great, but BOTH mids are shot?   Oops; looked up KG-2.5's and understand :D  (Thought they had a woofer, a mid and a tweeter; no ... 2x woofers.)  @jjptkd suggestion was probably best ... the listing on eBay says "local pick-up," but seller may be willing to take the woofers out and ship those to you for a little extra money.

Or, call  1-800-klipsch and check if they have replacements ... sometimes their price is reasonable ... sometimes not :( 

Let us know where you are located. I'm sure some members here are willing to do some searches for you.

Cheers, Emile 

• 2 weeks later...