FLAC files on Marantz SR6012

Sam S.

Hi --- I'm new to FLAC files, but have been using exact audio copy and it seems to be working well. Recently, I got a Marantz SR6012 (refurb). When I play a FLAC file from the USB port in the front, things play OK, and it moves thru the sequence (or random play), but at the start of virtually every song, I get an error message that says "Unable to play media". This comes up while it is playing the media, then goes away. More of an annoyance, but I wonder if anyone else had a similar issue, or can make a recommendation for something to get rid of the error. I've used a Kingston USB, as well as some cheaper USB's I have around and the USB drives don't seem to matter.

Thanks.

Thanks for all the suggestions. For future reference, when playing back from the USB, there is no on screen display in pure direct mode, so I started using the HEOS app on my phone -- waaaayyyyy easier to navigate the FLAC  content of the USB, and no error code. Since even when I was getting the onscreen error code it disappeared and played fine, I'll likely just use the HEOS app from now on, and call it good. Spend more time ripping more FLAC files instead of messing with this.