Klipsch Palladium Set (Surround Pair, Woofer, Center) Nashville $5000

Oicu812

These appear to be brand new, in the box.  It looks like the seller has a second center channel as well listed on Reverb for $2,500.

bsh1brgbybgw3lblsd90.jpg
Klipsch Speaker set:1x Subwoofer P-312W1x Center Speaker P-27C2x Surround Speakers P-27SExcellent condition.
reverb.com

jfvbmahscsajpqqfpkir.jpg

bsh1brgbybgw3lblsd90.jpg

jd0fkdyrdgga1phoykob.jpg

oxwxmo80hvzsliqx841a.jpg

b3om2hhjpjpkpiqw90z1.jpg

qxgrc0ycyfqiizojmv8t.jpg

I had natural P39's and currently espresso P37s and a P312w. The natural looked a little "orangey" in my room at least. I really like the espresso.

At a minimum someone pick up that P312. It really is a very nice sounding sub, awesome for music. It does an amazing job complimenting my LS2's. I'd love to find another one just to have stereo bass but honestly the way it fills in it just sounds like both LaScalas are playing. Not sure I'd really gain that much and certainly don't need the output. Someone get it.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry folks.  I nabbed this set.  Will be doing a loooong road trip to pick them up this weekend.  Got the center and surrounds to replace the ones I have with finishes that don't match the rest of the Natural speakers in my system.  Getting the Palladium sub was a good bonus.  I'll be selling the Merlot center and Espresso surrounds soon.

These speakers also have an interesting backstory.  I'll relay that once I have them in hand.

Edited by MMurg
typo and add mention of sub
  • Like 6
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, MMurg said:

Sorry folks.  I nabbed this set.  Will be doing a loooong road trip to pick them up this weekend.  Got the center and surrounds to replace the ones I have with finishes that don't match the rest of the Natural speakers in my system.  Getting the Palladium sub was a good bonus.  I'll be selling the Merlot center and Espresso surrounds soon.

These speakers also have an interesting backstory.  I'll relay that once I have them in hand.

Congrats Micheal.....very good deal.

• Like 1

On 11/28/2018 at 4:00 PM, MMurg said:

Fantastic!  It makes me happy that you actually picked these up!

On 11/28/2018 at 4:00 PM, MMurg said:

This deal fell through, if anyone is looking. I guess there was some damage that wasn't disclosed. Can we get the back story now?

Needless to say it was a very disappointing weekend.  I traveled over 12 hours one way by car to pick these up since I figured it would be cheaper and less risky that shipping.

I was assured by the seller that "everything that came with the speakers originally is in the box with the speakers.. nothing has been opened or touched, boxes were opened to take photos of speakers for sale only". Unfortunately that did not turn out to be the case.

There were no boxes at all. The only packaging was one side of foam for the center and the cloth bags for the center and sub. The grill for the sub was missing. Since they didn't take the center all the way out of the remaining packaging for the pictures, they didn't notice that the piece of metal in the middle with the Klipsch logo had come off and then stuck to the top of the veneer. You can see this if you look really closely at the picture from the add. Unfortunately, removing it pulled off an inch long strip of the veneer. Finally, someone had stuck rubber feet with permanent adhesive on the bottom of the wall-hanging surrounds. No one wasn't going to attempt remove them after what happened with the center. I though about taking the sub without the grill but then decided I didn't want to then argue about how much just the sub was going to be by itself. I just backed out of the whole deal.

They did refund me promptly but I'm still out the money for several tanks of gas, about 50,000 Marriott points for the hotel stays, and two days of driving. From now on no more speaker pick ups more than I'm able to round trip in one day.

Since this didn't turn out well I don't think I'll reveal the backstory since it involves public figures who may not want negative attention from this.  Sorry.

• Sad 2

At least the trip wasn't a total bust. A friend/former colleague of mine lives in Nashville. On Friday night we went out to dinner (Nashville Hot Chicken - it's hot for sure!) and then went to some of the clubs in town to hear some live music. Wow, Nashville really is the "music city". There are tons of 3-4+ story clubs and you can hear a different live act on almost every floor. There was also a much wider variety of music playing than I expected. I'm not a fan of country music but I found myself enjoying some of the country acts immensely. My favorite was The Don Kelley Band at Robert's Western World. Those guys can play! I even bought their new live CD that they were selling at the club. I think that's my first country CD.  🙂

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, MMurg said:

Follow the Reverb link at the beginning of this thread to see who the seller is.

To be fair, I think that the seller got bad information from his boss (the public figure) who owned the speakers.  He was asked to sell them but didn't have access to them until that sale.  He got all the pics/info from his boss.  I believe the story because the the public figure is a musician and I went to the band's studio to pick up the speakers.  I got a full tour of the studios.  I'm pretty sure the seller's business is usually used to sell the band's old gear.

Edited by MMurg
typo