Khorns in Ohio

WFP

42 minutes ago, Drewg said:

Seller might want to change the wording of the statement that reads “Capable of extreme output with ULTRA distortion”.

I read the same ad you did, that went right over my head.  I read what I expected to see.

It always amazes me people want thousands, $2800 in this case for their 40 year-old speakers yet can't provide more than one pic, no serial number info, nothing.  Yet still, someone will probably buy them.

I'm assuming those are Khorns from the late 70's with Type AA XO's in good shape.  The average price by my spreadsheet would be $2114.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, wvu80 said:

It always amazes me people want thousands, $2800 in this case for their 40 year-old speakers yet can't provide more than one pic, no serial number info, nothing.

I know it's surprising, but Dave, not everyone is as smart as you are......admit it......

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, wvu80 said:

It always amazes me people want thousands, $2800 in this case for their 40 year-old speakers yet can't provide more than one pic, no serial number info, nothing.  Yet still, someone will probably buy them.

I for one, am glad they only posted one photo with that wallpaper in the background. 

A48B0C96-D5EB-493E-9EC1-DBF3009CF8C8.thumb.jpeg.dcfd28aeedb119bed3dcd6c81cdb9ce1.jpeg

Cincy

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, wvu80 said:

The average price by my spreadsheet would be $2114.

i think your spreadsheet is a little out a whack. the last 3 completed k-horns on the bay went for $5000 - $4700 - $4500

the pictures on his website look amazing. even the wires look brand new

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jimjimbo said:

I know it's surprising, but Dave, not everyone is as smart as you are......admit it......

I'll never admit it!!!  Never!

Go over on the College Football 2018 thread of yours to see my predictions, then you'll see how smart I am.  I never tire of being wrong.   :lol:

2 hours ago, Budman said:

i think your spreadsheet is a little out a whack. the last 3 completed k-horns on the bay went for $5000 - $4700 - $4500

Not only possible but probable.

I don't go mining for prices, I just jot them down when I come across them, about 90% from Alerts! or Garage Sale here.  We don't always know if CL sales go for the listed price so it's a crap shoot when I track numbers.

Many Klipshites PM me the details of their buy/sell prices and it is those confirmed prices which help to make the numbers more valid.

Keeping track of Heritage Prices is part of how I enjoy this activity and as always, Your Mileage May Vary.  B)

+++

Almost forgot:  If anyone ever wants a copy of my Heritage Price sheet, shoot me a PM.  I'll send it to you free for nothin'.

3 hours ago, Budman said:

I quoted your post twice because I wanted to deal more with the sold prices you listed so I could add them to my spreadsheet.

I found the $5K pair but those were 1993.  The prices I listed are under the Type AA XO, which means nothing newer than 1982.  Those are not comparable to the prices I listed.

I found the $4500 pair but even though there was only one bid and it was listed under Sold, the Seller relisted the speakers.  Not yet sold.

I found another pair for $4900 which were gorgeous.  Those were 1979 and definitely belong in the category with the Type AA Khorns.  Those would be at the top of the range.  I saw other Khorns sold for $1000, another set for $1500 which of course would be towards the bottom of the range. 

After you get 20 or 30 samples they all average out.

On 11/13/2018 at 11:24 PM, wvu80 said:

Not only possible but probable.

I don't go mining for prices, I just jot them down when I come across them, about 90% from Alerts! or Garage Sale here.  We don't always know if CL sales go for the listed price so it's a crap shoot when I track numbers.

Many Klipshites PM me the details of their buy/sell prices and it is those confirmed prices which help to make the numbers more valid.

Keeping track of Heritage Prices is part of how I enjoy this activity and as always, Your Mileage May Vary.  B)

+++

Almost forgot:  If anyone ever wants a copy of my Heritage Price sheet, shoot me a PM.  I'll send it to you free for nothin'.

I paid $2600 for my '79 Ramblin Rose khorns a little less than a year ago.   

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Godataloss said:

I paid $2600 for my '79 Ramblin Rose khorns a little less than a year ago.   

Got it, added to the Heritage Prices Spreadsheet.  Thanks for the confirmed price. 

I sold my plain jane 1979 black Khorns for $2400.  Rose is a premium finish, you did good.

Whereabouts are you?  State is fine, or area if you are in a big state.