WTB RC-7 center speaker (trade for raw birch Heresy IIs?)

wuzzzer

Condition of the exterior not terribly important.  Prefer black but will look at other finishes as well.

I'm located in west central Minnesota.  The closer to me the better.

I have a pair of completely original unfinished raw birch Heresy II speakers in beautiful condition that I'd be willing to trade.  They currently have titanium midrange and tweeter diaphragms but I kept the original diaphragms.

The RC-7's are rare and in that "legendary" class of Klipsch center speakers.  I don't track those prices but I have a good idea what they're worth.

Your offer to trade straight up for the nice modded H2's is more than fair and is going to be a good deal for whoever does that deal IMO.

• Like 1

On 11/13/2018 at 2:29 PM, wvu80 said:

The RC-7's are rare and in that "legendary" class of Klipsch center speakers.  I don't track those prices but I have a good idea what they're worth.

Your offer to trade straight up for the nice modded H2's is more than fair and is going to be a good deal for whoever does that deal IMO.

After reading this I feel quite lucky to have found one recently not only in my area, but had 1 owner (an older audiophile gentleman), in mint condition with all grill pegs, and knocked him down to $175. Had to drive an hour away but I'd say well worth it.

• Like 2

The RC-7 is simply one of the best speakers ever made by Klipsch in my opinion, a pair of them in stereo easily bests the famed RB-75's; they are basically the closest thing to a full sized tower speaker in a smallish sized cabinet. I even prefer the dual RC-7's over the Palladium P-17b's.

The offer of a trade is a really good deal, hopefully this works out and soon!  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jjptkd said:

The RC-7 is simply one of the best speakers ever made by Klipsch in my opinion, a pair of them in stereo easily bests the famed RB-75's; they are basically the closest thing to a full sized tower speaker in a smallish sized cabinet. I even prefer the dual RC-7's over the Palladium P-17b's.

I agree with this

On 11/17/2018 at 8:27 AM, jjptkd said:

When using them for stereo do you have them oriented vertically?

Sorry for the transaction distraction, Mark.

1 hour ago, Rivernuggets said:

When using them for stereo do you have them oriented vertically?

Sorry for the transaction distraction, Mark.

Well I sold the pair I was using in stereo but yes, when I had them I stood them up vertically after rotating the horns, they are really pretty unbelievable as main speakers very crisp and detailed with bass aplenty. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1