Hi my 2 channel home audio

Mems70

If the woofers are blocked as much on the right side as the left, you have probably pulled the mids down (and bass boosted) on your equalizer to compensate for the lack of bass. Having the treble boosted may be just giving more noise/hiss in the high end. Without actually hearing the sound in your room, it is hard to tell. If there is a loss of bass with the eq flat, the mids may seem too strong, since the mids are driven by a compression driver attached to the mid horn. Same for the treble.

I would check the tweeters to make sure they are putting out any sound. You can use a cardboard tube, like from a paper towel roll, to listen through, but please, not at a high volume to protect your ears. If the tweeters are not playing, boosting the high end to try to compensate the by getting some out of the midrange horn will not get you much benefit.

And welcome to the forums!

Bruce

Yes bro thanks, obviously I am playing with the equalizer, I try to fix like is better for my ears, my place and my kind of music, I don’t know if 70’s the equalizers was like this or different and in 80’s when I use those Clarion eqb300 in my Jetta 1985 I used in different position, I used jbl 6x9 speakers, then in other car I didn’t use equalizer, only stereo pioneer and JL audio speakers and amplifiers, I think all change depends when and where, kind of music and your ears, now this is what is better for me and my place but is important to me read all of this to learn more about hi end, in 80’s in my house i used Gradiente A1 and P1 with a sansui equalizer, I am trying to learn and thanks for everyone to help

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

If you haven't already done so in the past try experimenting. Take the EQ out the equation all together and listen to everything flat for a week or so. When I started to move up to better gear I had to re-learn how to listen to my source material. I was not finding enough difference with my better equipment to justify the money spent. It turned out that the way I had the EQ adjusted that I was killing virtually any gains I got with the better amps, pre amps and speakers etc. I never put the EQ back in the system as it just did more harm than good in my opinion. The speaker placement as mentioned above will have a very real impact on what you hear too.

I also have klf-30's and there is no shortage of bass, if yours are lacking then you may need to give them some attention. (Re)Sealing the inside of the cabinets usually makes a big difference, mine did as many others reportedly did too. Look on this forum for updates, upgrades  and mods for your klf-30's, there is a fair amount out there.

• Like 2

I'll weigh in on the equalizer. The more you have in the path of the signal from the source to the speaker will add noise and degrade the signal. Also when you increase one frequency you lose some off of another. Optimally you want a pure signal driving your speakers. The newer Rotels incorporate a tone bypass feature. This bypasses the tone controls completely eliminating the degradation they produce because there is nothing else in the path from the source to the speaker. It's a straight shot. Setting your tone controls to neutral or flattening the equalizer is not the same as bypassing them altogether. If you're in the market for new amp check out the new Rotels. I have a RA-1570 and listen to everything with tone bypass on and will never go back to using anything to color the signal. Hope that explanation helps. 

• Like 1

I've had EQ's that added noise and pretty much gave up on them until I went to EQ in the digital domain and haven't looked back. I honestly would not want to go without it. Dead silent.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

An equalizer on a home stereo is like a set of training wheels on your first "big boy" bicycle.  You think you need it and you probably do.  But as you get more experienced, you should realize that those training wheels are for beginners.  Hang around here long enough and you'll learn far more than any person needs to optimize your (otherwise excellent) gear and get beautiful sound.  Without the training wheels.  Equalizers tend to be a phase we all grow out of fairly early in the hobby.  Get the right gear and set it up correctly and there is no need for an equalizer.

Now, in the car...that's a whole other deal.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Krispy Kirk said:

An equalizer on a home stereo is like a set of training wheels on your first "big boy" bicycle.  You think you need it and you probably do.  But as you get more experienced, you should realize that those training wheels are for beginners.  Hang around here long enough and you'll learn far more than any person needs to optimize your (otherwise excellent) gear and get beautiful sound.  Without the training wheels.  Equalizers tend to be a phase we all grow out of fairly early in the hobby.  Get the right gear and set it up correctly and there is no need for an equalizer.

Now, in the car...that's a whole other deal.

Dam nearly 50 years in this hobby and I’m still using training wheels..!!!

miketn

11D22A19-0CB3-4E61-84F1-719BF0621982.thumb.jpeg.093c67d309e7df8258e870df113afd67.jpegE963DBC5-1BC5-4946-91BB-492131CDBD9E.thumb.jpeg.f219cea7e5257369afa5eb989042601f.jpeg

• Like 1

Dam nearly 50 years in this hobby and I’m still using training wheels..!!!

miketn

11D22A19-0CB3-4E61-84F1-719BF0621982.thumb.jpeg.093c67d309e7df8258e870df113afd67.jpegE963DBC5-1BC5-4946-91BB-492131CDBD9E.thumb.jpeg.f219cea7e5257369afa5eb989042601f.jpeg

Easy like that, if eq aren’t necessary the brand don’t do it anymore, but like a good friend of mine that use to work 12 years on Macintosh, the hi end like pozole, some guys put on it Chicharron others cream and aguacate, is because someone’s like it someone’s don’t

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Oh... I guess I should have posted a picture of the bicycle with training wheels 😄

365FE3C2-C2EE-429A-9673-0703E55E2D86.thumb.jpeg.f9c381c445cd1ba21b05d7ff18d9495d.jpeg

And some current changes in equipment I’m enjoying while using my training wheels 😀

8A9F549E-0032-4FB1-AEBA-BCCF394DE10C.thumb.jpeg.7a3147c824b084658f84fafc85fcf7ef.jpeg

Seriously though I’m really loving this setup and on good recordings the EQ is bypassed but a lot of recordings benefit from some modest EQ application...

It’s the misuse of quality Analog and DSP EQ units that’s the problem IMHO and leads to the memes that EQ is bad and for beginners and the inexperienced.

miketn 

• Like 2