Klipsch K402 like horn?

Droogne

1 hour ago, PrestonTom said:

It was a Klipsch 942 I believe.

It was built to satisfy some THX requirements on dispersion and size. It was a short-lived model. I never heard one, but I don't believe it was well-regarded.

Only horn I see on the Klipsch 942 is the K402 itself (on a double woofer bassbin). Or is it a real 942 horn specifically?

1 hour ago, Droogne said:

Only horn I see on the Klipsch 942 is the K402 itself (on a double woofer bassbin). Or is it a real 942 horn specifically?

I have mis-remembered the model number. What I am sure of is that there was a diffraction style horn that they used for a short time. It was 94? something 

• Moderators

@Chief bonehead would know for sure, Sr. Delgado was involved in that entire certification process.

Jim Hunter @JRH was also engaged in a "dialogue" with Holman in a national audio journal or magazine about the process during that same time period.

There is also a high probability that Bill would know @bhendrix.

Travis

Throat section appears to be rectangular. If it's at least partly conical on the inside, this horn should work with either Faital or TAD 2" drivers. 
At home you won't need the K510 or another tweeter, but you'll need some EQ, and delay on your bass cab of course.

Diffraction slots are best avoided, however the bigger the horn the less this is an issue at home.

JBL 2360's can also sound velvetly smooth at home listening levels.

Edited by ARX

40 minutes ago, richieb said:

=== prior to buying Jubilees I had spoken with The Chief about a EAW horn I had atop a 904 cab. He said he wasn’t a fan of a horn with slot exit as compared to Klipsch Tractrix and the 402 in particular—

Did the EAW horn look similar to these?

8962fc5be44842ff99302efbf820426f.jpg.147269fc488d8bf62d2b45f754084bab.jpg

Did you use this driver?

298402.thumb.jpg.43ba54ae6ad90b3058a805376b6fd13d.jpg

The EAW CD-5001, CD-5002, CD-5003, CD-5004, CD-5005 drivers are OEM B&Cs with added ferrofluid.

Diaphragms of these are the same as, and exchangeable with B&C DE75, DE750, DE82, DE85.  

There are two different diaphragms for this series of drivers: Full Titanium (mmd3atn8) and Titanium with Mylar surround (mmd3a8m)

The P.Audio B/BM750's are basically B&C knockoffs. The diaphragm's are more or less exchangable > wouldn't advise to try this this though.

Was this the driver, or a later version?:

950906846_P.AudioBM-D7502inchHFDriver100W8Ohm.jpg.a92beb60d0a5e98d8cebdb77bcf3e37a.jpg

Edited by ARX

That was my uneducated guess😎

I like the way he did the cabs and even though I am not a fan of orange, the contrast turned out well.

The guy has good taste in furniture and that loft is stunning.

You've replaced the EAW horns with K402s?

Exchanged the P.Audios as well, I presume?

Edited by ARX

4 hours ago, ARX said:

2 Klipsch products with apparently the same horn:

1. KPT-941-T

KPT-941-T.thumb.jpg.99bcff82fbcd2c38e07812ac2a1b1659.jpg

2. KPT-MCM Grand

1222097651_KPT-MCMGrandCinemaSpeaker.thumb.jpg.5fd452a5781b9aa7970f006794cc5157.jpg

How old are these pics?  Are these real Klipsch pics?  No photoshop?  My MCM has the same XII midbass module shown but I never knew about the EAW mid horn.  I have the 402s.

Maybe that EAW horn needs to go into the museum.

1 hour ago, ARX said:

That was my uneducated guess😎

I like the way he did the cabs and even though I am not a fan of orange, the contrast turned out well.

The guy has good taste in furniture and that loft is stunning.

You've replaced the EAW horns with K402s?

Exchanged the P.Audios as well, I presume?

=== well, no. Owned “the Frankenstein’s” and Khorns at the same time. Sold both for Jubilees —