Chorus II How to Power

Benjie

On 11/16/2018 at 1:55 PM, willland said:

I hope some of us(me) did not steer you wrong.:o:D

Bill

Bill,

I have the R115 and R117 due to what you and MANY other said...and I am very happy. A quick Google search proved that those two receivers were Luxman's got it right venture. Besides, I was the first one in on this thread, so I will be the first one shot lol. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

Bill,

I have the R115 and R117 due to what you and MANY other said...and I am very happy. A quick Google search proved that those two receivers were Luxman's got it right venture. Besides, I was the first one in on this thread, so I will be the first one shot lol. 

I think you are right.  Remember to bob and weave.

Bill

16 minutes ago, willland said:

Remember to bob and weave.

Hope that he is happy. The R117 should do great. I was AB a pair of Chorus II vs a pair of KP362 with the R117. Went on and laid the ears back driving the Chorus to an intensely loud level for a couple of tunes. That was the night that I put a fan on the Luxman...it needed it.   

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Westcoastdrums said:

Placement is critical to bring out their magic.

Yessir 

there is magic in the Forte. 

I strongly feel THIS is the speaker for converting the masses.   It is soooooooo good.   

while the stock Chorus/Chorus ll does not extend quite a low as a stock Forte/Forte ll they can be re tuned to get very close and with two or more hundred watts of amplifier power per channel I think that they take the cake for sheer fun factor and excitement/magic of the Klipsch loudspeakers I have heard. The extra power is not about play back volume/level, you can make Chorus play very loud with 20 - 50 watts a side rather it is about woofer control and dynamics They were designed for power, they are not a Cornwall which can sing with a small SET amp. If anyone wants to use a 3/4 watt to a 3 watt SET and be in heaven then a CW (or other Heritage model) is the way to go. If however you want to chase live dynamics and playback levels (and you are prepared to feed them) the Chorus will not disappoint.

I have not had the opportunity to hear the Crites Cornscala D but I expect it to be a thoroughly superior design especially if you listen in the near field (10 - 13 feet away from the speakers) it will easily outshine a three way under those conditions. With a superior modern horn design and driver compliment when compared to Klipsch's offerings given the tried and true CW reflex cabinet design it should be a winning loudspeaker. As always YMMV.

• Like 2