klf-c7 crossover build

Alexander

Installed the new xover into the box and what a difference! Much more controlled, clearer, less muddy and more precise. The oem xover had been upgrades with new electrolytic and Solen caps when I first got this klf-c7 but this thing is a night and day difference. Sounding bigger also comes to mind. I am a believer that going beyond the Dayton/Solen caps to the Audyn Plus caps makes a very noticeable difference. Looking forward to putting the klf-30 xovers in

• 1 year later...

Up to now I have stayed with the oem tweeter diaphragm but now thinking about swapping it out with Crites TI version. The klf-30 mains have them so it got me think about the center channel. Has anyone done this having a negative out come?

6 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

Did you notice a difference in sound when you rebuilt these?  BTW, they look great.

CECAA850 when the OEM xo got re capped with Solen & new NPE's it was like most, it sounded like a blanket was removed. Then when the scratch built xo went in it was like listening through a doorway and then actual walking into the room.

And thanks for the kind words.