The Klipsch Audio Community
Jeff Matthews

The Last Reply Wins

Just now, oldtimer said:

Moody Blues---In Search of the Lost Chord

OK, that gets me thinking of "My Woman From Tokyo."  True story.  I know a guy who married a Japanese lady.  So one day she gets the property tax bill and is furious.  So she goes down to the property appraiser's office and raises a huge commotion, their house is worth much more than it is appraised at by the property appraiser's office. :)

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

I know exactly where I am going, I just can't figure out how to get there.  It's like driving in Hamburg.

=== and Arkansas. On a scenic ride down to Hope we went left, should have gone right. So we stop and ask a good ol’ boy directions outta there - says you can’t get there from here — ok and Thanks.

Just now, richieb said:

=== and Arkansas. On a scenic ride down to Hope we went left, should have gone right. So we stop and ask a good ol’ boy directions outta there - says you can’t get there from here — ok and Thanks.

It is obvious, you should have taken the fork in the road, Yogi could have told you that.

2 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Timothy Leary's dead.

so Timothy Leary is in possession of / has ownership of something that is dead?

Apostrophe s is a contraction of subject and is.  Timothy Leary is dead, hence Timothy Leary's dead.  It's=it is.  Its connotes ownership.  Therefore wtf are you talking about?

The song is perhaps best known for its opening lines: "Timothy Leary's dead / No, n-n-no he's outside looking in",[1] which allude to Leary's use of eastern mysticism (most notably the Tibetan Book of the Dead) to frame the psychedelic experience.

I do realize this is a wasted post when the last reply was already mine.

To name the chord is important to some.  So they give it a word and the name is OM....