Can an Atmos speaker be placed on top of a Synergy F-30 speaker?

Dan2

I have Synergy F-30 speakers. They have a cosmetic plastic bulge on top of the speaker, which I'm afraid might prevent an Atmos speaker (like the R-41SA) from being used. Has anyone tried placing any of the Klipsch Atmos speaker line on top of Synergy speakers?

I don't know why Klipsch designed that series of Synergy speakers that way.  I wouldn't do it myself, it wouldn't be stable enough.  It would be better to put them elsewhere.  Can you post a picture of your front stage so we can suggest the best placement?

I think the plastic bulge on the top is only a few inches deep and then the rest of the speaker is flat. I had the F-3’s a waaays back and I believe the F-30’s were the replacement for them but very similar. 

I believe the Atmos modules will fit just fine, behind that bulge. Luckily, the F-30’s are fairly large and the Atmos modules are pretty small. I would measure, just to be safe, before I dropped the coin though. 

10 hours ago, Dan2 said:

The flat part of the F-30 (behind the bulge) is 10.5". According to the R-41SA specs, it's 13".

You should be fine then, as long as you're ok with how it looks having a couple inches of overhang.  Most of the speaker's weight should be in the 'front' where the woofer is, anyway.

You could also use an inch of isolation foam on top of the speaker, so you can bring the Atmos modules closer to the front of the speakers. 

Even if if you don’t go that route, a 3” overhang off the back of the speaker should be just fine, if you can tolerate the looks.