Heresy III Raw $800

finallygotmyheresies

4 minutes ago, DizRotus said:

Perhaps the two observations are related.  Perhaps those available in Ash are now gone, but Walnut pairs remain.  I still vote for Ronco trying to create a sense of urgency by announcing a limited availability.

Guess my thinking is  just as 'cynical' since I was wondering the same thing.  But didn't notice anywhere in their ad that both finishes were available.  I know Cory w/ MetropolisLakeOutfitters is a highly regarded distributor here but not sure the speckled black finish is for me.  Will try to contact them today also for details. 

• Like 1

Alaska Hawaii Puerto Rico and international buyers Please contact us with your complete address and telephone number for accurate shipping rates. We give discounts that are not calculated by the Ebay shipping quote system.

This is kinda funny.  Ebay doesn't allow you to attach emails or telephone #'s (to my knowledge) to any correspondence on their sites.  I just tried to add my phone #  to the email as they requested and was threatened with being 'banned'.  😬

32 minutes ago, Oztayls said:

Yeah, that was a little joke about keeping the driver coils cool as I'm playing them so much. Obviously these things are not airtight.

Ahhhh... missed that connection. Thought it might have been a reference to  something specific to your local. 

13 hours ago, Oztayls said:

13 hours ago, Oztayls said:

They won't be double boxed like the ad says as the One Button's come sealed in the original Klipsch cartons which have the original styrofoam inserts. (Unless of course they have some without the original packing boxes?)

Actually, they ARE double boxed. Upon examination of the carton, the box is double walled which I had missed due to me using a box cutter to slit the tape. They are well packed and if they survived the long haul to Australia after crisscrossing the USA first (the mysteries of the GSP), they will certainly survive anything. No manuals or warranty  with these, but you can download the manual from Klipsch.

20 hours ago, ThomasD. said:

Very nice. Russia huh?  Perhaps I missed it in this thread but did you have those custom made?

I heard about this guy elsewhere on this forum and that he does a great job. You should be able to find him on eBay. He makes just about any replica badge. These particular ones were pre-made, but he does custom stuff too.

On 2/3/2019 at 10:30 AM, ThomasD. said:

Guess my thinking is  just as 'cynical' since I was wondering the same thing.  But didn't notice anywhere in their ad that both finishes were available.  I know Cory w/ MetropolisLakeOutfitters is a highly regarded distributor here but not sure the speckled black finish is for me.  Will try to contact them today also for details. 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/KOClassifieds/?fref=nf

If you have access to Facebook Cory just posted them with listed price of $995 per pair shipped. Pics in here!

• Thanks 1

On 1/21/2019 at 8:34 PM, Oztayls said:

More challenging is finding suitable speaker cloth over here. We're after cloth that will complement our soft furnishings. Best I can describe it is a beige or off white/cream so will likely have to import that as well. What I need to know from anyone who has changed their speaker cloth to a light colour, is what this will look like over the top of the black faced Heresy's? Does the black motorboard show through a light coloured grill cloth?

I've put new caps into our lightly restored 1985 model 1.5s (E2 x-over), so we are looking forward to comparing them side by side. We like our 1.5s very much. The intention is to put one pair into our main listening/living room and another in the media/TV room and possibly sell the other pair. One thing we both noticed is that the III's are not as pretty as the I's. The I's have the speakers fixed from the back of the motorboard so they have a much cleaner look. Why did Klipsch change this?!

s-l1600.thumb.jpg.92006106a42f4f058069b1e9f6aa8ca6.jpgfullsizeoutput_70b.thumb.jpeg.5b8f2da09b59f6d69a6d2a4a87fc38ca.jpeg

With the earlier design that had the removable rear panel, any air leakage around the panel really compromised bass reproduction.  Over time, the sealing would deteriorate and leaks would occur.  There used to be quite a few threads on here about how to seal the cabinet properly, and why it was so important.  Having the rear panel permanently installed eliminated that problem, so starting with the Heresy II, the drivers are installed from the front.

As well, flush mounting the woofers and horns eliminates the steps caused by having the drivers mounted on the back side of the motorboard.  Those steps caused by the thickness of the motorboard made a small but noticeable impairment in the sound due to diffraction issues.  Klipsch considered it important enough that most or all of the modern Heritage Series speakers, like the Klipschorn, La Scala II, Heresy II and III, all have flush-mounted drivers and horns.  There are even "Z-brackets" to allow rear-mounted tweeters on older speakers to be mounted flush with the motorboard/baffle.  Personally, I think the flush look is better esthetically, as well as looking more acoustically logical.

As for grille cloth, there used to be a colour/fabric called Linen that was cream-coloured and really acoustically transparent.  That might be a clue to help you in your search.

Just got a call in reference to this so I've been combing through it.  I've never seen these before.  I get B-stock regularly but they are finished out.  If you wanted to do something custom then maybe I guess.  :)  The ones I get have the risers, finish, and grill.  Often times they are prettier than normal ones but can't be sold as new A-stock since they are so crazy.  If they are mismatched or maybe have repairable issues then sometimes they get sprayed with the texture paint that you have on the pro models.  Below are the B-stock Heresy that I get.  The only ones I've ever gotten with no riser was a big batch that was supposed to go to China, apparently they don't like risers over there for whatever reason.  I just got 20 of the black texture paint ones.  

Image may contain: indoor

No photo description available.

• Like 6

38 minutes ago, MetropolisLakeOutfitters said:

Just got a call in reference to this so I've been combing through it.  I've never seen these before.  I get B-stock regularly but they are finished out.  If you wanted to do something custom then maybe I guess.  :)  The ones I get have the risers, finish, and grill.  Often times they are prettier than normal ones but can't be sold as new A-stock since they are so crazy.  If they are mismatched or maybe have repairable issues then sometimes they get sprayed with the texture paint that you have on the pro models.  Below are the B-stock Heresy that I get.  The only ones I've ever gotten with no riser was a big batch that was supposed to go to China, apparently they don't like risers over there for whatever reason.  I just got 20 of the black texture paint ones.  

Cory,

Are these with the great grain pattern still available by chance?

4 hours ago, MetropolisLakeOutfitters said:

Image may contain: indoor

I’m very interested in ordering some stuff from you. I don’t have Facebook and really don’t want it. Can we get the same kind of deals through PM on the forum?

• Like 1