Heresy III Raw $800

finallygotmyheresies

The acoustic speaker cloth for the "One Buttons" arrived this morning so I was able to cover the frames I'd made over the weekend. The cloth is actually made from a woven fibreglass which has been coated with something to facilitate cleaning. It's fire rated too, which I had to test of course :)  Blow me down, a butane torch wouldn't even set it on fire! The Russian made brass badges look pretty good, so overall, we're very happy with the result. 

The next job is to make the risers...

Sorry, having trouble with uploading a pic right now. The file size is too big for forum rules :(  I'll sort it soon...

IMG_4032.JPG

Edited by Oztayls
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Oztayls said:

The acoustic speaker cloth for the "One Buttons" arrived this morning so I was able to cover the frames I'd made over the weekend. The cloth is actually made from a woven fibreglass which has been coated with something to facilitate cleaning. It's fire rated too, which I had to test of course :)  Blow me down, a butane torch wouldn't even set it on fire! The Russian made brass badges look pretty good, so overall, we're very happy with the result. 

The next job is to make the risers...

Sorry, having trouble with uploading a pic right now. The file size is too big for forum rules :(  I'll sort it soon...

IMG_4032.JPG

Nice work on the grills! They look thick, do they effect the sound at all?

1 hour ago, W27 said:

Nice work on the grills! They look thick, do they effect the sound at all?

It's not as heavy a cloth as it looks, and being proper "vintage" acoustic speaker cloth, it has minimal impact on sound. They are removable of course for listening, but should keep the little Fast Wheels cars out of the squawker horn and pokey fingers off the woofer coil cover.

• Haha 1