Heresy III Raw $800

finallygotmyheresies

Yes I got a steal for the forte III in reality. Repairs weren’t a big deal for me. Titebond and clamp all the loose cabinet splits. Sealed the inside edges to ensure no air leaks. Walnut veneer cut outs for badly damaged veneer except where you see in the front top and right side near the edge band where I didn’t want to mess with it, so I used walnut colored wood filler as best I could. The risers were split open but luckily clean breaks so glue and clamp actually put them back together nicely. Only one clear break point where you can really see the wood filler and it’s on the back of the riser that can’t be seen. Overall I was happy with the repairs and I can easily veneer the entire thing again custom if I choose to. 1k for HIIIs would be nice but when approaching that price, I’d rather just get another Forte III to make a pair.

It’s not completely set in stone that I have to sell everything. It all depends on if I have to move to a small apartment or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, ThomasD. said:

Trying to get a shipping quote to AK.  Probably won't hear back in time to grab a pair.  Have watched the 10 pairs go down to 4 pairs in just a few hours.  Wish I'd caught this thread earlier. 😔

I see his post as free shipping to the United States. I would guess since it isn't specified that you would get free shipping to AK as well. Fingers crossed!

15 minutes ago, teaman said:

I see his post as free shipping to the United States. I would guess since it isn't specified that you would get free shipping to AK as well. Fingers crossed!

Hardly ever does that happen.  Though I did get a pair of Zu Omen DW's shipped free.  But the fine print on these Ebay H3's specifically stated to contact seller for AK, HI & PR shipping. Best deal I've seen yet on H3's.  Kinda wanted to 'Steam Punk' a pair so unfinished w/o grill would be perfect. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ThomasD. said:

Hardly ever does that happen.  Though I did get a pair of Zu Omen DW's shipped free.  But the fine print on these Ebay H3's specifically stated to contact seller for AK, HI & PR shipping. Best deal I've seen yet on H3's.  Kinda wanted to 'Steam Punk' a pair so unfinished w/o grill would be perfect. 

If you are certain you want these, I would advise you to check out and worry about repercussions of him not shipping after the fact.

3 minutes ago, teaman said:

If you are certain you want these, I would advise you to check out and worry about repercussions of him not shipping after the fact.

It states that they'll ship outside the 'conus' but to contact for shipping quote prior to checkout.  I've been burned before with outrageous additional shipping charges from other sellers.  I simply ask that they deduct whatever shipping charge they are including in the sale price from the actual shipping cost to my location.  However they often just add the total shipping cost to the total sale price.  Don't want to pay more for shipping than the speakers cost.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Westcoastdrums said:

Before all you guys go out and buy these unfinished speakers with no grilles or risers, as stated previously, you can get a brand new pair of black speckled heresy IIIs with risers and grilles for big not much more.... Cory will have them next week. Better be quick... 

Are they an HIP or 'Pro' version??

3 minutes ago, ThomasD. said:

It states that they'll ship outside the 'conus' but to contact for shipping quote prior to checkout.  I've been burned before with outrageous additional shipping charges from other sellers.  I simply ask that they deduct whatever shipping charge they are including in the sale price from the actual shipping cost to my location.  However they often just add the total shipping cost to the total sale price.  Don't want to pay more for shipping than the speakers cost.

I totally get that. I just don't see in the listing where it specified CONUS only. No harm in waiting on a reply

• Like 1

Shipping

• Free Fedex shipping to the lower 48 states. AK HI PR and international buyers please contact us for accurate shipping quotes.
  • All packages are shipped Double-Boxed and Fully Insured to guarantee  safe delivery 
  • Please note, our policy is to ship only to the credit card billing address. If you are paying with Pay Pal your address must be confirmed.
  • If item needs to be shipped to an alternate address, please contact us for approval, prior to purchase.
  • Packages are shipped by FedEx ground service. FedEx Express available for air shipments. For details, please contact us with your zip code and service request.. 

Took me a bit to find this again in the fine print.  

5 hours ago, ThomasD. said:

. . . Have watched the 10 pairs go down to 4 pairs in just a few hours. . . . 

Where do you see that?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Klipsch-Heresy-III-Unfinished-Walnut-Veneer-Brand-New-USA-Made/372584408592?epid=4018603941&hash=item56bfc2e610:g:pbQAAOSwYgxa5LQ4:sc:FedExHomeDelivery!48843!US!-1:rk:4:pf:1&frcectupt=true

The eBay site I’m taken to still indicates, “10 available.”  Perhaps Ronco is trying to imply a sense of urgency.

On 2/1/2019 at 11:36 PM, DizRotus said:
5 hours ago, ThomasD. said:

Shipping

• Free Fedex shipping to the lower 48 states. AK HI PR and international buyers please contact us for accurate shipping quotes.
  • All packages are shipped Double-Boxed and Fully Insured to guarantee  safe delivery 
  • Please note, our policy is to ship only to the credit card billing address. If you are paying with Pay Pal your address must be confirmed.
  • If item needs to be shipped to an alternate address, please contact us for approval, prior to purchase.
  • Packages are shipped by FedEx ground service. FedEx Express available for air shipments. For details, please contact us with your zip code and service request.. 

Took me a bit to find this again in the fine print.  

They won't be double boxed like the ad says as the One Button's come sealed in the original Klipsch cartons which have the original styrofoam inserts. (Unless of course they have some without the original packing boxes?) 2 of the 4 I ordered have arrived in Aus, all safe and snug, in perfect condition. Hardly a mark on the cartons which is a credit to Fedex. We are really warming to the unfinished Ash which gives them a nice modern look and suits our house nicely. Just waiting for some sample swatches of speaker cloth to arrive before we make a choice. Also, unfinished Ash is super rare for these, so it makes sense to leave them alone I guess. We are selling one of the pairs at a considerable discount to the new price of Heresy's over here in Oz, so in effect, our pair works out to be free. Free Heresy IIIs, gotta love that :) 

Looking forward to 1.5 vs III shootout shortly!! Here is a pic of the crossover. (PS. I opened them up so I could fill the boxes with nitrogen)

IMG_3970.JPG

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DizRotus said:

Where do you see that?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Klipsch-Heresy-III-Unfinished-Walnut-Veneer-Brand-New-USA-Made/372584408592?epid=4018603941&hash=item56bfc2e610:g:pbQAAOSwYgxa5LQ4:sc:FedExHomeDelivery!48843!US!-1:rk:4:pf:1&frcectupt=true

The eBay site I’m taken to still indicates, “10 available.”  Perhaps Ronco is trying to imply a sense of urgency.

Now that is interesting.  I swear while I was trying to email them about the shipping that Ebay site said 4 available.  But your right, now it is back to 10.  Hmmmm.....

@Oztayls    You mention your are Ash but the Ebay store says unfinished walnut:

This listing is for a PAIR of Klipsch Heresy III speakers in unfinished WALNUT wood Veneer.

The photos are of the ASH finish. Walnut photos coming soon!

Edit. 
My mistake.  Didn't realize they had two ad's up, 1 for Ash finish, 1 for Walnut finish.
Sorry
Edited by ThomasD.
clarification
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, ThomasD. said:

Now that is interesting.  I swear while I was trying to email them about the shipping that Ebay site said 4 available.  But your right, now it is back to 10.  Hmmmm.....

27 minutes ago, ThomasD. said:

@Oztayls    You mention your are Ash but the Ebay store says unfinished walnut:

This listing is for a PAIR of Klipsch Heresy III speakers in unfinished WALNUT wood Veneer.

The photos are of the ASH finish. Walnut photos coming soon!

Perhaps the two observations are related.  Perhaps those available in Ash are now gone, but Walnut pairs remain.  I still vote for Ronco trying to create a sense of urgency by announcing a limited availability.