HULU Anyone?

Wolfbane

I've tried several of the internet services but I find when they advertise certain channels you don't always get all of the programs, but maybe a couple of episodes of select programs.

The one I'd like to try is Youtube TV but it's not available in my small market.

Does Hulu give you live sports, the ESPN's, or Fox News?

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

Well...I have Hulu live but will now be canceling. This will be the second price increase in 1 year, and going up $10 a month. I was willing to give up some ease of use and channels for the cheaper price but before long It’ll be creeping into dish/cable etc.. pricing. Also just read that Sony Vue is going bye-bye. Sucks! Guess I’ll be getting a bundle deal from my local provider. 

I'm using Hulu too,  got the "E" yesterday that they've raised the price by about $10. The DVR I can't get to record every game by a team like fubo can. Love fubo but don't like soccer or tennis or beach badmitten. They have fox regionals now, so my NHL team is covered. But they will never have ESPN or abc local. That's what I need for my college football team. Fubo has close to total1080 content, Hulu has a lot of 720. That obviously makes the picture and sound superior on fubo.   But Hulu covers both my teams with their inferior gui. So I'll stick with them 100watts/channel with the supers covers the sound. Frndly covers her hd hallmark for $8/ month. After the initial setup <$70 a month is way better than the $200 spec  um was wishing I'd pay. The on-demand always works now!!!

On 11/17/2018 at 5:56 PM, wvu80 said:

Thanks, I'll give Hulu another look.  I would like to cut the cable.  My problem is I don't get any OTA stations in my rural area.

Man you must be in the sticks. Or in between some big mountains! I found fox news on gade tv for free. Lots of news there. Philo is great for 20 bucks a month but no sports. Lots of good channels for the price. Using Roku will help you find alot of free stuff also.  I have Netflix, Hulu, and Philo with over the air. Just basic Hulu. 42 bucks for all three combined.

On 11/17/2019 at 6:54 AM, rockhound said:

use YouTube TV and love it.

how much do the extra channels cost?  I went on the website and it said sports and premium packages were available for an additional monthly fee; but it didn’t say how much that would be.  was a bit disappointed that, at least in my area, the History Channel wasn’t offered. 

45 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

how much do the extra channels cost?  I went on the website and it said sports and premium packages were available for an additional monthly fee; but it didn’t say how much that would be.  was a bit disappointed that, at least in my area, the History Channel wasn’t offered. 

Was looking into YouTube TV also and no History channel here either. One of my most watched channels so somewhat of a deal breaker for me.

• Like 1

I like internet tv much better than a dish. I hate when clouds and storms come in, and all you can do is watch the tv pixilate with dish.Just want to add that anyone wanting a good outdoor antenna, and if all your channels are 45 miles or less all within about 80 degrees direction wise this is a very good antenna choice.Been seeing antennas claim 150 to 300 miles lately in the net. What a joke! The second antenna would be great on rotor, as it has a tighter beam. Most likely get you out 70 miles or so max on most days. Both will work good for FM also.Location is very important . In a flat area like florida or on top of a big hill higher than average terrain will get you better range also.

https://winegard.com/products/hdtv-digital-antennas/vhf-uhf-antennas/platinum-hd-series/platinum-series-hd7694p

https://winegard.com/products/hdtv-digital-antennas/vhf-uhf-antennas/platinum-hd-series/platinum-series-hd8200u 

I wish I would have kept the antenna that was in the attic of the house we sold back in March 2018 and used it at our new house.  I unfortunately got satellite installed back in late May as there was no other option at the time.  Well, now that I've got internet by using 4G LTE with a Nighthawk MR1100 and getting speeds anywhere from 40 to 80mb down, I could be a cord cutter again.  But now I'll have to pay the cancellation fees to get out of Dish Network.  But, it's only $63 a month for the basic package, a Hopper 3, and 2 Joeys.  No one really watches a major amount of TV anyway.  I have trees in the way more so where I live now where I didn't before but would still like to see if an antenna mounted on the satellite pole, like I did for the longest before, would actually pull the locals in from Little Rock.  Heck, I could do without all the other channels.  We made it just fine for 3 years with all the locals and used Sling for $20 a month and added ESPN when needed.