Subwoofer issue with pro media 2.1

red364

I'm having what sounds like a blown sub issue with my pro media 2.1. I tried two different subs and they all sound the same,so its obviously not the sub itself. Sounds like a rattle. Can hear it coming from sub when its not in box so nothing is loose in there. Any help is appreciated

• 2 months later...

Hi Red and welcome to the forums!

Depending on the original age of the speaker system (mine was made in 08') the foam rubber surround of the woofer driver itself is probably deteriorating. It would be up to you to have a new surround put on or to just get a new woofer driver. The surround provides a physical resistance to keep it from bottoming out the voice coil. It's something that will only get worse. You can call Klipsch (1-800-KLIPSCH) and see if they still have one to sell you. I'm not so sure I would go so far as to get one from Craigslist or Facebook Marketplace because you're never sure what's been done to it before.  

FWIW - I once knew of a set of high-end Altec 15" woofers that needed their surrounds replaced about every 10-years. A real kick in the head.....

Pro Media Sub 2.1.jpg