My New Power Tube Caddy

Wolfbane

42 minutes ago, Schu said:

Well that's just a tease... for all we know, it could just be filled with Pilsner :)

It was filled with Pilsner, then the wife spotted it. Now she's full of Pilsner :emotion-22: and having a contest with the dog to see who can snore the loudest.

Fortunately, I bought another one box. This one in green.

Ollie Bath Day.jpg

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/17/2018 at 10:09 PM, Schu said:

Well that's just a tease... for all we know, it could just be filled with Pilsner :)

Well, it was filled with Pilsner, along with another caddy in green. The solid plate EML 45's are a little snug and will need a cardboard spacer. Room for another 80 tube though.Too small I suspect for the EML 45 Balloons which are pretty fragile anyway.

Wb

Skol_EML_45s.jpg

On 12/16/2018 at 3:50 PM, Wolfbane said:

Well, it was filled with Pilsner, along with another caddy in green. The solid plate EML 45's are a little snug and will need a cardboard spacer. Room for another 80 tube though.Too small I suspect for the EML 45 Balloons which are pretty fragile anyway.

Wb

Skol_EML_45s.jpg

Oooh I love the EML tubes. I have a pair of the EML 45 Mesh plates. Good stufff. Longest I've left tubes in an amplifier.. Haven't found anything close.

15 hours ago, seti said:

Oooh I love the EML tubes. I have a pair of the EML 45 Mesh plates. Good stufff. Longest I've left tubes in an amplifier.. Haven't found anything close.

No question that the sound of any/all of the EML made  45's sound better than any NOS 45 or NOS 2A3 tubes in my Yamamoto Amp. The EML 80 Rectifier too. I tried a lot of the NOS balloon tubes but only reinstall a balloon 80 from time to time before going back to the EML 80.

Wb

8 hours ago, Wolfbane said:

No question that the sound of any/all of the EML made  45's sound better than any NOS 45 or NOS 2A3 tubes in my Yamamoto Amp. The EML 80 Rectifier too. I tried a lot of the NOS balloon tubes but only reinstall a balloon 80 from time to time before going back to the EML 80.

Wb

The EML mesh 45 is the only one I've tried. I'll have to try some of their other tubes later but the build quality is over the top.

• Like 1