KP-362 For $240 in Florida

Youthman

If you're ABSOLUTELY desperate, and Youthman can't keep them in his living room for a few months, I am in Bartow and could go to Tampa and bring them back here for awhile.  I go to Tampa not regularly but occasionally.  It should be fairly straightforward too, since they're right off of I-75 and not too far from Rt. 4. 

Anything smaller than Klipschorns and I can take the Nissan LEAF (its electric!).

Now, I just can't match this though :http://www.swapmeetdave.com/Humor/Workshop/Overload.htm

Overloaded Car.JPG

• Like 1

Tampa Bay Downs is off so most horses on property are turned out or shipped out, they are in Gulfstream. He said he could drop them off in the Tampa area, @Emile if that makes it any easier for you? 

I do have my FedEx account and one of my students has a shipping company. He whacked me pretty hard on some speakers going to Atlanta. I guess he wants some of his money back. I don't want you guys driving across from Kississimee for a pair of speakers. Worst case he throws them on a pallet and I have them picked up.

Youth and K, he's 4 miles north of Ybor. You could make that a long weekend😁😁😁

Mark

Edited by ZEUS121996
spelling

5 hours ago, ZEUS121996 said:

I still have the deal but they have to be out in the next week or so.

Mark

If they can be picked up next Saturday, Sunday, or Monday I can see about getting over there.

Before then is fairly questionable, but if it is critical I can try to shift priorities.

I paid him the $250, he's really easy to work with and has other gear he's going to list. I'm waiting on a quote for shipping rather than bother everyone. Ksquared has the pickup if necessary. If shipping doesn't work out and I cant get them on a horse trailer, I'm going to need some help.

Mark

On ‎11‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 7:40 PM, Woofers and Tweeters said:

Good luck. If they need to stop here on their way there, they will be in good company. 

I know they would be well taken care of, doubtful they would get any use. Shipping on a pallet is $225, not terrible. It looks like Ksquared may have them coming directly here which would be great. I'm still working on a backup plan the timeframe is no a big deal. Maybe moving north on 95 and then catching a ride west.

Thank you to those of you who have offered your help, I really do appreciate it.

Mark

2 hours ago, ZEUS121996 said:

doubtful they would get any use

True....but...I listened to my KP362 several times and was duly impressed. A ton of everything. I had to make a small shuffle when I got the 684s, so the 362s were moved out of service. To couple the "not using" my 362 and or yours, I don't use the 684 or the LaScala center, 99% of the time...the MCM1900s need nothing and does it effortlessly.

You're getting he 362 at a great deal and rubbing a few more $ for shipping would be cheaper than driving. 

What amp are you going to use?     

3 minutes ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

True....but...I listened to my KP362 several times and was duly impressed. A ton of everything. I had to make a small shuffle when I got the 684s, so the 362s were moved out of service. To couple the "not using" my 362 and or yours, I don't use the 684 or the LaScala center, 99% of the time...the MCM1900s need nothing and does it effortlessly.

You're getting he 362 at a great deal and rubbing a few more $ for shipping would be cheaper than driving. 

What amp are you going to use?     

W+T, I am not good multi-tasking. Amp wise, I have to have a look at whats in the house. That Luxman MX-100 would have made a good match, right now my focus is on a 2 legged filly, "Riders Up" 😲😲

Mark

On ‎11‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 12:24 PM, Youthman said:

If you need help, I’m close to Tampa unless someone else wants to hold them for you.

@Youthman

Ksquared bailed on picking them up, if you can pick them up and hold them, I would appreciate it. The seller is 4 miles north of Ybor, I think you're pretty close to him. Let me know please.

Mark

11 hours ago, ZEUS121996 said:

@Youthman

Ksquared bailed on picking them up, 

Mark

OK, here's the message I sent to ZEUS121996 on Friday at 5:17 p.m (Remember, this is over the Thanksgiving/BlackFriday holiday with everything else that is going on).:

Hello Mark,

I was just letting you know that I haven't heard anything about meeting to pick up the speakers.

I don't know if you want to see with the seller what times would be OK, or if you want to give me the seller's phone number and I'll contact him.

I will most likely go to his house, as that will be one less loading and unloading.

Thanks.

Kevin

Never heard back from ZEUS121996.  Instead he posts here.  Doesn't bother to send a PM first.

I was actually up a bit early on Sunday morning now to see if I could be getting the 35 miles or so over there to Tampa.  So a 70 mile round trip.

I even had a possibility of a guy to bring them back to Chicago, but I did say I thought ZEUS121996 would probably have to pay him something, because the guy was more of a friend of a friend of a friend,  That would have been a 100 mile or so round trip to meet that guy up north of Orlando.

I asked for nothing for doing this, and wouldn't have accepted anything either.  Of course, ZEUS121996 never offered either.  It was supposed to help somebody on this forum, where there are so many great people.

This guy is actually some rich guy who used to partially own a racehorse, and can EASILY pay for shipping, yet he wants somebody else to do it for nothing.

So good luck to anybody else who wants to try to help.  It proves the saying "No good deed goes unpunished."