Time to upgrade my Klipsch rc62ii

Roney

I'm new on this site and as the titles states, I want to upgrade my center speaker. I have a 7.2 setup with 2x RF82s with rear and side klipsch speakers.  I have a few choices in mind. There's the rc64ii, the 450,504 and MaYbe the RC7.  I really would like to hear the opinion of anyone whose had the experience with these speakers and on how well they would match my RF82iis. 

Thank you

I'm actively looking for the best deal possible for either of these 2 centers. I live in Canada, everything is expensive here but hopefully,  I'll find something suitable. What do you guys think about the Klipsch 450? Does it compare to the other 2?

The RC-62 is a great speaker but the RC-7 is supposed to be in a different league. 

I have never had the opportunity to own the RC-7 but I have owned a couple RC-62’s, a RC-64 and a few other Klipsch centers. From what most members here say about the RC-7, it is supposed to be one of the best centers Klipsch ever made. 

With all all of that said, the RC-64 is supposed to “match” more with your 82’s. I would probably find deals on both, A/B test them side by side and sell off the one that loses the shootout. I am a bit of a nut though🤪

K5SS, that makes alot of sense, thank you. The problem now is to find the 64ii at a reasonable price,and by living in Canada, that's hard to find ;) However,  I was offered the RC-7  in "mint" condition for 400$ USD. I'm contemplating... Thank you for your input!

• Like 1

If you say so Billybob ;) I've had the rc62ii for awhile and although it's a great speaker, I feel like it's missing something. As long as the RC7 is  superior than the RC62ii, I will certainly look into that and sell mine.

5 minutes ago, Roney said:

If you say so Billybob ;) I've had the rc62ii for awhile and although it's a great speaker, I feel like it's missing something. As long as the RC7 is  superior than the RC62ii, I will certainly look into that and sell mine.

It is difficult yet, there is the rarity if the of the RC-7 if you decide after the hearing of...

I can't Demo the RC7, I don't have that luxury . Im relying strictly on what the fine people on this site are telling me, in addition to numerous other threads I've read. Once the choice is made, I know I'll stick with it for years to come. Your opinion is truly appreciated sir.

18 hours ago, Roney said:

I was offered the RC-7  in "mint" condition for 400$ USD. I'm contemplating... Thank you for your input!

I'd say grab it up you'll be glad you did. I've never had the RC-62-II but have had the two predecessors; the RC-3- II and the RC-35 and the RC-7 blows both of those away hands down

I had one more question for you guys, are there more benefits to upgrading my center to the RC7 or will I be better served  with a 2 channel external amp for my 2 front towers and leaving my RC62ii as is? Will one of these option provide a better sonic feel? 

Upgrading the center and subwoofer is the path I recommend, if you are looking for the biggest $$$/performance improvements. 

Once you have the speakers and subwoofer where you like them, then you should think about adding a power amplifier into the mix. 

• Like 1

@K5SS have your secretary type that up ^^^ and I'll sign it.  Don't change a word.  B)

@Roney  The center speaker is the most important one in any HT setup.  Movies/TV are 90% dialog and 90% of the dialog comes out of the center speaker.  Get the best one you can afford and don't worry about "timbre matching."  The L/R and center don't play the same content.

• Like 1