MEH Synergy

4 minutes ago, Westcoastdrums said:

Pair of JBL SRX718S subs. 

OK, I'll show my ignorance.  If you're going to use a K2 on a pair of subs why do you need to bridge it?  One channel per sub should work or do you already have one K2 and are looking for another?

3 minutes ago, Westcoastdrums said:

Np. Subs are 8 ohms.  500wpc isn't enough power for them, 2400 watts is. Hence the bridge.   I don't own a K2 and would like to after thinking it over for some time.   

Bridging the amp isn't going to give the amp any more power than running it 2 channel.

Power output: 500 watts into 8 ohms, 800 watts into 4 ohms, 1,250 watts into 2 ohms (per channel, stereo mode); 1,600 watts into 8 ohms, 2,500 watts into 4 ohms (bridge-mono mode)

They give 2, 4 and 8 Ohm specs.  The amp can only put out what it can put out.

For example, some of the Carver amps double their wattage when the load changes for example:  300 wpc at 8 ohms goes to 600 watts at 4 ohms then 1200 watts at 2 ohms and finally 2400 watts at one ohm.  Less resistance allows more current to exit the amp but doesn't make it more powerful.  It's like a garden hose at 200 psi will put out the same amount of water volume as a fire hose at 20 psi. 

I understand what you are saying, and I agree, to a point.   Where I disagree with you is that if I feed a four ohm load into an amplifier rated at 4 ohms bridged mono capability with a published power rating on paper, it WILL receive that power rating.   I am presenting a 4 ohm load and the subs will get 2400 watts RMS.   I don't think a disagreement can exist about that?