MEH Synergy

4 hours ago, Westcoastdrums said:

I understand what you are saying, and I agree, to a point.   Where I disagree with you is that if I feed a four ohm load into an amplifier rated at 4 ohms bridged mono capability with a published power rating on paper, it WILL receive that power rating.   I am presenting a 4 ohm load and the subs will get 2400 watts RMS.   I don't think a disagreement can exist about that?  

EDIT

With all due respect, I know what I am doing and talking about here. I know you are very knowledgeable on many things audio, I'm just not sure about the disagreement on this one.  Anyhow, got a couple leads on K2s thus far and will close this thread as soon as I find what I am looking for.   Thanks. 

10 minutes ago, Westcoastdrums said:

With all due respect, I know what I am doing and talking about here. I know you are very knowledgeable on many things audio, I'm just not sure about the disagreement on this one.  Anyhow, got a couple leads on K2s thus far and will close this thread as soon as I find what I am looking for.   Thanks. 

Sorry to thread crap.  My apologies.  Will take it to a brief PM.

Well, I'm interested also.   Someone starts talking about the Crown K2, it gets my attention.   The amp doesn't get much notice these days, after all.  So something's better than nothing. 👍                 

Wish I would have seen this earlier in the day. When you bridge an amplifiers output the load gets cut in half(half the ohms, double the current). So for instance as in @Westcoastdrums application his 4 ohm load is going to look like a 2 ohm load to the amps output. Each output post sees the speaker not as a 4 ohm load to ground but as a 4 ohm load to a voltage that is equal in magnitude but opposite in polarity effectively making it look like 2 ohms to ground.

I agree.  I have three of them (not bridged) and think they do a fine job....though they are perhaps a bit overkill in my situation.

Kind of irked myself after my drywall was done and we installed the Danley sub.  Had I known the Danley would get approved prior to the drywall, I would have doubled the wires to it so I could have run each driver in the Danley to a single channel on the Crown.  As it is, I run them both on one channel.  Tis still certainly sufficient. and I can always bridge it I suppose.