MEH Synergy

41 minutes ago, Westcoastdrums said:

Thanks for the heads up if that wasn't a joke.  Hadn't clicked it yet. 

No joke.  It said that my windows virus protection wasn't up to date and wouldn't let me close the window without updating.  I had to close Explorer through my task manager.

6 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

No joke.  It said that my windows virus protection wasn't up to date and wouldn't let me close the window without updating.  I had to close Explorer through my task manager.

Well, I deleted the link from my post, just in case.  Though the link is still there when you quoted it.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Westcoastdrums said:

Haha hot damn.    You had to link me to the twin turbo Lamborghini eh?  Dangerous.... 

Lol, well you wanted 3000 watts per sub, didn't you. 👍 6000 watts at that price, aint too shabby and they are tailored to drive subs all day long. 

4 minutes ago, Shiva said:

Lol, well you wanted 3000 watts per sub, didn't you. 👍 6000 watts at that price, aint too shabby and they are tailored to drive subs all day long. 

Haha that's way more power than I needed, but maybe I should look into their otshr models.   Thanks mate. 

• Like 1

Its nice to see that quite a few here are using the K2's in their systems.  Several years ago I called Crown tech support and asked them whether it would be an upgrade to buy one of their new XLS series amps, or keep the K2.  He said, "keep the K2", and added "when an old K2 comes into their place of business, all the guys fight over who gets to take it home."  Who knows the topology of the amp?  I have read some stating that it is Class H design,  a digital switching amp.  Anyone know for sure?    

35 minutes ago, Shiva said:

Its nice to see that quite a few here are using the K2's in their systems.  Several years ago I called Crown tech support and asked them whether it would be an upgrade to buy one of their new PLX series amps, or keep the K2.  He said, "keep the K2", and added "when an old K2 comes into their place of business, all the guys fight over who gets to take it home."  Who knows the topology of the amp?  I have read some stating that it is Class H design,  a digital switching amp.  Anyone know for sure?    

Odd, I like the PLX2 better on mains.  K2 for sub duty all day long.

37 minutes ago, Shiva said:

Its nice to see that quite a few here are using the K2's in their systems.  Several years ago I called Crown tech support and asked them whether it would be an upgrade to buy one of their new PLX series amps, or keep the K2.  He said, "keep the K2", and added "when an old K2 comes into their place of business, all the guys fight over who gets to take it home."  Who knows the topology of the amp?  I have read some stating that it is Class H design,  a digital switching amp.  Anyone know for sure?    

Wait, PLX is a QSC amp right?

4 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Wait, PLX is a QSC amp right?

Haha yes. I was going to say that. I think he means XLS.   But that is the bottom of the line crown pro amps.   The Macro line would be more along the lines of what the K2 was, especially given its 2k price tag was back in the late 90s. 

1 minute ago, Shiva said:

Ha,  yes My mistake, XLS series. I knew there was an X in it somewhere. 

I tried the K2 on my KP302 last night for a bit with some friends.   I gotta say, I prefer my old class A/B Crest Audio VS900 amp on them over the K2.  I KNOW the K2 will kill that amp on Sub duty though.  

Ha, Yeah, I know the K2 can be bettered for sure.   I am listening to it now,  bypassing the A/V receiver, going directly from an Oppo 93 into the K2, using RCA to XLR cables, the Pandora app in action.  The speakers,  disappearing into the sound field,  which I especially like.  Sounding smooth and effortless,  not going to be able to stress out a K2  in the home, Im sure.    Bass, that is of course tight and impactful and pounds through the floor into the couch, when any deep bass hits, that always brings smiles to those on it,  including myself.    Also, when sitting quietly on standby, in fact,  it always sits quietly,  only drawing 6 watts from the wall.  This amp has gone green. I think one of the first amps to do so.   Impervious to dust, smoke and even spills, for the times that someone smokes and drinks, standing over it. 😀     

3 minutes ago, Shiva said:

Ha, Yeah, I know the K2 can be bettered for sure.   I am listening to it now,  bypassing the A/V receiver, going directly from an Oppo 93 into the K2, using RCA to XLR cables, the Pandora app in action.  The speakers,  disappearing into the sound field,  which I especially like.  Sounding smooth and effortless,  not going to be able to stress out a K2  in the home, Im sure.    Bass, that is of course tight and impactful and pounds through the floor into the couch, when any deep bass hits, that always brings smiles to those on it,  including myself.    Also, when sitting quietly on standby, in fact,  it always sits quietly,  only drawing 6 watts from the wall.  This amp has gone green. I think one of the first amps to do so.   Impervious to dust, smoke and even spills, for the times that someone smokes and drinks, standing over it. 😀     

All good. The seller made me buy both amps or neither.   Haha. Didn't have much of a choice.   I will fire it up with the subs today and hope it will be a keeper.   I am certain it will best my PLX amp specifically for sub duties.   Damping factor is 6 times higher and the power supply transformer is massive.   Amp has solid, dense weight to it.  I agree with the above points you made.