Sub connection

Harleywood

Just picked up a Klipsch R10SWi to add to my Epic CF-2's. I have a Rotel RA-1570 integrated amp. Not sure if I can use the wireless transmitter since I don't have a single line out option. I have a Pre amp out, #11 on attached photo, and two more pre amp outs that currently have jumpers in them, # 15&18 on attached photo. Needing some help in determining how I would connect the sub. I think #15&18 are used for components such as an external DAC or equalizer and #11 is my only option for a sub which means I can't use wireless transmitter. Is that right? 

IMG_3299.PNG

Yes connect the sub via the pre outs in #11 above using two rca cables. If you hook just one of the pre outs to the wireless transmitter you won't get the other channel's low freq info. The sub has a combiner at the two inputs to make a mono signal for the sub amp. Use the freq control "low pass" knob to cut the high freq info to the sub. Page 8 of sub manual.

You will have low freq coming out of both your mains and the sub, adjust level of sub to taste.

Do not use a Y cable to tie your 2 pre outs together.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, dtr20 said:

Yep. Thanks. I picked up on 3.5mm. 

Just now, Harleywood said:

Confused. Isn't that happening at the sub anyway? 

Yea but...and there is always a but.....it does it properly. It does not just short the two together. It uses an active combining network by utilizing the summing junction of an operational amplifier.

2 minutes ago, babadono said:

Yea but...and there is always a but.....it does it properly. It does not just short the two together. It uses an active combining network by utilizing the summing junction of an operational amplifier.

So i can't utilize the wireless transmitter?

2 minutes ago, babadono said:

Not with both channels. You can try what JFHSQT suggested and see if it is sufficient.

Ok. Thank you and appreciate all of your replies. More than likely it'll be placed up front less than 6 feet from amp but would like to experiment with placement. Not a big deal I guess. The R12SW was same price but not wireless. I might exchange for the 12" if I can't use the wireless. Thanks again!