Best new Klipsch bookshelf for HH Scott 340B receiver?

amb3cog

Hey guys. Waiting on my new Scott receiver right now. And having enjoyed the magic that is Klipsch and tubes already. And being in the market for some new speakers (haven't bought a new pair in over about 20 years), despite having plenty of old ones around here already, including 2 pair of Klipsch (KG 3.5, and RF-3's) . I started looking at the new Klipsch models, and of course am looking at the holiday sales that are going on right now too. I'm particularly attracted to Klipsch for their great sound obviously, but with only 30 watts on tap. Efficiency is very important too, and that's where Klipsch is tops. Oh yea, and they're just so dang cool too. 😁

So I'm a little concerned that the new ones might be more analytical then I'm looking for. I'm really wanting a very musical system that doesn't show every bad recording to me. Something just to rock out to. Not analyze, and hear every little nuance of the recordings. I have another system for that. I mostly listen to all types of rock, jazz, blues, soul, R+B, Motown, and that sort of stuff. I do like softer stuff too, but mainly upbeat stuff, and a lot of old stuff. Hence the worry about bad recordings. My room is 12'x12'x8', and I'll be using a Scott Nixon Tube DAC as the source. I have good cables already too. I know the tubes will soften some of the edges, but I don't want the speakers to add that edge back. If that's even possible? I'm far from an expert in audio, despite all my delusions of grandeur. 🧐

So knowing all of this. Do you guys think that a pair of Klipsch bookshelves will do the job? I won't be using a sub, at least not right away, and do like nice bass, but I'm not worried about going crazy low. Just tight, and impactful as possible. Most of the music I listen to, won't be going very low anyway, with a few exceptions of course.

I'll list the ones I've been looking at, and hopefully some of you fine folks have had experience enough to give me some insight. If I left out anything. Please LMK, and I'll do my best to answer your inquiry. Also if anyone has any suggestions of models that I didn't list. Please LMK, but nothing smaller then 5.25 inch woof, and not really looking for towers. As my alternative to these would probably be an old pair of KG4 instead of new towers, but I'm sick of dealing with old speakers really. I want something brand new, or very close to it at least. 

R-51M

RP-150M

RP-160M

RB-61 II

R-15M

And possibly even the:

RB-81M

But now the price is getting way up there. And I read they are too bass heavy in a review. I really think I want a 6.5 woofer. So the RP-160M looks nice, but people say it's got issues, that the RP-150M doesn't. Then there's the RB-61II, but I really haven't looked into that one yet. I'm not sure where these all fall in line, and what's the newer ones, etc. though. So it's pretty confusing to me. I just want them to go as low as they reasonably can, have tight bass, play smoothly, get very loud when needed, and sound musical. Again, not looking for audiophile qualities so much, and need to be able to play crappy old recordings/mp3's etc. 

Also are any of these made specifically for music? Versus Home Theater? That would sway my preference. As I'm only looking for 2 channel stereo listening here. 

Alright that's a whole lot already. Any help at all would be appreciated. Thanks in advance guys. And Happy Holidays to Everyone trading this. 

Andy B.