What's on your Black Friday list for 2018?

wvu80

I got all hyped up to get a TV after mine died a couple weeks ago and I pulled the trigger when the right BF deal dropped a few days ago. 

Now the excitement's over and I feel let down like I want to find another deal but there's really nothing I want.

I have a GB Daniel Boone and love it.  I've had it for about a year and a half now and I also bought a Jim Bowie model for my best friend and his wife for all the help they gave us in renovating my mother's house last year before we sold it.  They've both been great grills and do an awesome job of either smoking or grilling.  I've smoked beef brisket, pulled pork, pork shoulder & butts, chickens, turkey's, salmon, and plenty of ribs.  You won't really ever find those on a major sale.  I got a little better deal because I bought two of them but maybe you can find a local dealer that'll work with you.

I don't do Black Friday.  There's nothing that I care to wait around in line for at weird hours of the morning in hopes of some deal.  I've worked Black Friday's (as a rep) and have actually bought at a few in the past; I don't miss that.

2 minutes ago, avguytx said:

I have a GB Daniel Boone and love it.

It was your recommendation from an earlier thread this year that made me decide to look at the Green Mountain products.

Actually at the time I had never even heard of a pellet grille before.

The Daniel Boone in black is now $399 for a black non-wifi that has a MSRP of $599 and the good part is its on sale now so I don't have to play any Friday games

2 minutes ago, Davis said:

It was your recommendation from an earlier thread this year that made me decide to look at the Green Mountain products.

Actually at the time I had never even heard of a pellet grille before.

The Daniel Boone in black is now $399 for a black non-wifi that has a MSRP of $599 and the good part is its on sale now so I don't have to play any Friday games

That's a darn good price and definitely less than what I gave.  There are times I do wish I had gotten the WiFi model just for the sake of being able to monitor the pellets and meat temp remotely and adjust as needed....but I didn't.  One thing that I bought that has been great for smoking in the winter is the blanket for it.  That's definitely helped in keeping those 185 to 225 degree temps during the cold.  I also added two thermometers....one on top and one down low so I could see the deviation in temp.

8 minutes ago, avguytx said:

There are times I do wish I had gotten the WiFi model just for the sake of being able to monitor the pellets and meat temp remotely and adjust as needed

WiFi adds $100 during the sale. Sounds like I need to check out the features and maybe I should consider it.

One of the biggest reasons I didn't get one earlier this season was back then I was considering the Davey Crockett model but could not get excited about the portable (68lbs) model with the fold up legs at this same price point.