What's on your Black Friday list for 2018?

wvu80

19 minutes ago, thebes said:

I went out this morning. Bought a mid-fill King size down comforter. $170 at Macy's. Hard price to beat anytime of the year.  

My old one has all these weird stains on it. Can't imagine where they came from.

Bought a Galaxy S6 yesterday for less than two bills on ebay cause I do not really need to have the latest and greatest.

Also bought last week a new Hana Shibata LOMC cart for 5 bills off agon which is way cheaper than you can get them on any black Friday deal.

I suppose now I'll have to stop getting presents for myself and start getting them for others. Oh well. (hmmm. Maybe I re-gift that old comforter)

Does the old comforter come with the obligatory black light so folks can play guess the stain like they do on CSI?

4 hours ago, Jeff Matthews said:

Note, also, this approach seems like it must be for losers by design. I guess the theory is you can screw people once a year and they'll forget.  

Look at our elected politicians for support of your theory.

6 hours ago, RT FAN said:

Does the old comforter come with the obligatory black light so folks can play guess the stain like they do on CSI?

LOL! That would be great around the Christmas tree.  "Hey kids look what creepy Santa Thebes brought us".

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MyOwn said:

Will look at this after the Super Bowl

OLED65C8PUA 

Some of those Oleds have taken a hefty Black Friday price rollback, especially the 55 and 65 inchers.  I didn't expect that, I was expecting the mid priced TV's to offer the biggest BF discounts.

Good luck finding a deal.  :emotion-21:

• Like 1

OK; all wvu80's fault :D  Had to buy "something." :)  Got a 43" Samsung 4K TV ... Jeez; only $270.  Replaces an old 32" guest bedroom TV  :D 

Setup is very annoying ... "they" want to know "everything." :(  Whatever happened to "plug it in" and watch it ... :) 

Cheers, Emile

Add-on ... went to Costco to get some lobster tails ... no "singles."  Had to buy a 10# box ... :(  cost me the same as the new tv :( 

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Emile said:

OK; all wvu80's fault :D  Had to buy "something." :)  Got a 43" Samsung 4K TV ... Jeez; only $270.  Replaces an old 32" guest bedroom TV  :D 

Setup is very annoying ... "they" want to know "everything." :(  Whatever happened to "plug it in" and watch it ... :) 

Cheers, Emile

Just remember Samsung smart tvs datamine everything they hear, and can be used against you at a later date....so watch what you say once it is hooked up. A man was just charged with murder last week after his smart device revealed his conversation on a previous date incriminating him in the plot. This is the world of AI we now live in!

• Sad 1

27 minutes ago, teaman said:

Just remember Samsung smart tvs datamine everything they hear, and can be used against you at a later date....so watch what you say once it is hooked up. A man was just charged with murder last week after his smart device revealed his conversation on a previous date incriminating him in the plot. This is the world of AI we now live in!

Can you ask Yolanda to turn that feature off?

• Haha 2

Was looking to get a Flex 3401VRG dual action polisher but it was excluded from black friday deals everywhere [emoji854], I didn't buy much this black friday though. I feel deals were not as good as previous years. I did buy a set of black rhino wheels boxer series in gold for my 2007 Volvo xc70 along with Cooper all terrain tires but there wasn't really a sale on those lol. Also bought a Dayton audio dsp-408 for my Volvo, I plan on doing a ground pounder build in that.. Lol I already have Focal PC 165F components up front at the moment and just need the rears. I have all the amps and Batts from my previous vehicle, should be pretty loud and clear when I'm done with it haha.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

On 11/24/2018 at 6:51 PM, Emile said:

OK; all wvu80's fault :D  Had to buy "something." :)  Got a 43" Samsung 4K TV ... Jeez; only $270. 

You're welcome.    :emotion-21:  😎

+++

I agree with @bmassy directly upstream.  There are some good loss leaders with temporary price reductions but not as many deals for most products as I've seen in the past.  I was eyeing a Samsung 75" for $1000 as Plan B if the 65" Vizio had problems.  The Sammy was back up to $1400 at Sams Club a few days ago.  I didn't see any remaining BF deals on the floor.

• Like 1