I really want to like B better...but

Mighty Favog

23 hours ago, Shiva said:

Nice looking room, dig the flanking guitars.  I say black,  contrasts the wall behind better.  With eyes closed, music playing, either will work though.  😀What I am curious about is the table in the middle of the floor. Too far away to put ones feet up, a very long stretch for ones drink or a book and a possible shin knocker in the dark. 

Well, I inhereted the leather-top tables from my Grandmother, so nobody's feet are gonna see those. The unseen couch at the bottom of each pic is also a recliner and clears the coffee table and left end table. The cane just jumps out with the color of the carpet.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Schu said:

Cane... everytime!

the only issue with cane is it's a natural fiber and shrinks over time... it can cause bowing of the grill board.

I should have never sold my set of cane grills.

Mine do that only a little. They were stored in a non-climate controlled basement with heavy humidity for about 10-years. But they were stored in a corogated cardboard box and flat the whole time.

Where they're at now has an EverDry system installed on the house and it works really well. Have to waite a good while and see what happens to them in a few months.

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, babadono said:

BTW in that room Cane IMHO. But cool that you have the inter changeability(is that a word?).

Well, it's a new word now.

My vote is a third set of grills, for when your feeling odd, the third set would be cain/cane, your choice, but in a reddish color to match the 3 other reddish stains on the two front cabinets and the CD shelves. 

You do realize I said that just for you to be the test dummy for everyone else looking to experiment with grill color choices and color matching. :o:P

Grill matching 101, and for goodness sakes buy another cd. :laugh:

• Haha 1

Like the room @Mighty Favog do it like we do our suits, dark when it's cold out, light in the summer! Keep the other pair stowed away in the coat closet.

Super Juice Kryptonics on that skateboard? Looks about like my last skateboard that still moves furniture sometimes.

Tracker Trucks and Kryptonics... 

Rad!

3 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Like the room @Mighty Favog do it like we do our suits, dark when it's cold out, light in the summer! Keep the other pair stowed away in the coat closet.

Super Juice Kryptonics on that skateboard? Looks about like my last skateboard that still moves furniture sometimes.

Tracker Trucks and Kryptonics... 

Rad!

That was probably my most versatile skateboard I ever had. A G&S Warptail II, Tracker MidTracks, Power Pivot and Kryptonics C-65 Reds (3rd Generation). It was stolen about 1983. Lamenting it over the years I slowly found the parts (even all the OG stickers in the same place) to recreate it but at a great cost. I have about 10-boards remaining but that one held a special place for me. But the most current one is a repopped 1978 Alva Lost Model 9 3/8" X 30", Repopped Kryptonics 70mm Reds, Independent 169 Stage 10's. That last pic is the one that was stolen.

West Hi Gym.jpg

Boards.jpg

ST. Lawrence.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

Not that I can see.  Wouldn't gold make them sound too bright?

I had a pair of WO Chorus II with brownish/gold grill material. Best looking Klipsch grills I've eve seen.

I think the gold made the owner not too bright, because I sold them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

10 hours ago, Shiva said:

What I am curious about is the table in the middle of the floor. Too far away to put ones feet up, a very long stretch for ones drink or a book and a possible shin knocker in the dark. 

... and sound reflector.  Not as bad as a conventionally placed coffee table, but ...

Black.

Great looking room!

• Thanks 1