Need mattress choice help

wvu80

Volkswagen Alltrack has been good so far... as long as you stay away from the moonroof option.

36407957225_3dbbb14d5e_b.jpg

Nice and peppy with all wheel drive and a 1.8l turbo that can be pushed to around 300hp without much effort, but expense 😛

Probably a direct competitor to most of the Subaru SUV line... 

• Like 1

Sams Club Serta Perfect Sleeper - (I bought the Ridgemont in 2015) - back then, Sams had floor models that pulled out from the pallet racks like cabinet drawers, and you could test... but that test wasn't anything more than a tire kicker opportunity... I couldn't find the Ridgemont as a current offering last night, nevertheless, other things to consider with a plush pillowtop mattress would be;

1. height from the floor - so get the big box springs at the same time... (no one wants to see a T-Bone steak on a pancake in their home)
  2. current sheet supply - you will need to get bigger sheets - I enjoy Sams Club hotel offerings, the elastic edging rival's the best I've ever seen, even beats good underware...
  3. The top bedspread will need to be large... but I don't mind seeing the box springs in my current set-up, so I just kept the one I've had for the last 25 yr's...

Well... there's a few points I consider a normal observation, but I have no doubt they may be strange when reviewed in other parts of the world...

And.... I'm a CPAP sleeper, so the tubing to the Philips Unit was not an issue, infact it improved with the added height to the bedside table nomenclature angle set-up or whatever word you use to describe point A to B..

In Summary.... For Comfort - The Best I've ever Slept in... $650 was my Budget.... add a Hundred for the new sheets maybe... I don't remember, but I got them....

P.S.  You might want to consider a new Washer and Dryer, for the ease of not listening to a knocking sound during the rinse spin cycle.....

Or.... you could invest in a classic 1949 Nash Airflyte

Nash%20bed%2049.jpg

nash-sleeping-car.jpg

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Davis said:
17 hours ago, wvu80 said:

We picked up a 2019 Suburu Forester about month ago.

Thank you for buying a vehicle assembled in Indiana 👍

It's always been my dream to have another good car made in America.

Our last car was made in Marysville, OH at the Honda plant.  :emotion-21:

1 hour ago, windashine said:

Sams Club Serta Perfect Sleeper - (I bought the Ridgemont in 2015) - back then, Sams had floor models that pulled out from the pallet racks like cabinet drawers, and you could test... but that test wasn't anything more than a tire kicker opportunity... I couldn't find the Ridgemont as a current offering last night, nevertheless, other things to consider with a plush pillowtop mattress would be;

1. height from the floor - so get the big box springs at the same time... (no one wants to see a T-Bone steak on a pancake in their home)
  2. current sheet supply - you will need to get bigger sheets - I enjoy Sams Club hotel offerings, the elastic edging rival's the best I've ever seen, even beats good underware...
  3. The top bedspread will need to be large... but I don't mind seeing the box springs in my current set-up, so I just kept the one I've had for the last 25 yr's...

Well... there's a few points I consider a normal observation, but I have no doubt they may be strange when reviewed in other parts of the world...

And.... I'm a CPAP sleeper, so the tubing to the Philips Unit was not an issue, in fact it improved with the added height to the bedside table nomenclature angle set-up or whatever word you use to describe point A to B..

In Summary.... For Comfort - The Best I've ever Slept in... $650 was my Budget.... add a Hundred for the new sheets maybe... I don't remember, but I got them....

Our local Sams has the pull-out.  I agree with you about the tire-kicker concept.  It's not great but I guess it's better than nothing.

I have a box spring I am going to keep, just need the mattress.  SC may not have that Ridgemont model you mentioned, but it sounds like you are recommending the plush pillowtop?  I'm sure SC Serta has an equivalent.  It gives me a place to look.

EDIT:  Here is the Sams Serta:

https://www.samsclub.com/sams/serta-perfect-sleeper-luxury-hybrid-glenmoor-super-pillowtop-queen-mattress/prod21070222.ip?xid=plp_product_1_1

You mentioned two things, the Serta Perfect Sleeper and the motel mattresses.  I saw the motel models in the SC on-line.  Is a motel mattress something I need, or should consider?  Is it superior to a standard home mattress?  Which was the best mattress you ever slept it, the Serta or the motel mattress?

FYI I am also a big guy, Cpap user, Philips unit.  I sleep mostly on my back.

• Like 2

• Moderators
4 hours ago, Davis said:

Why did the waterbed go out of style?

I don't know.

When we got married 40 years ago we couldn't afford a new bed and there was a place in N.O. that if you bought the mattress, liner, and heater they gave you plans for the frame. It was full motion back then, over the years we got a better waveless mattress and different frame with drawers under it. Never had a leak in probably 35 years, and we had cats, then kids and no leaks.

Now I'm older and worried about all that water inside, we really did like sleeping on it but a little scared of leaks.

• Like 1

OK; last one on mattresses ... we got a Tempur-Pedic about a year ago ... ?Flex?model ... awesome ... expensive, but we got the floor model at 50% off from a big furniture store ... haha; only 100 people laid on it for a minute ... for a $1000 savings it did not bother me :D 

Cheers, Emile 

• Like 1

On 11/20/2018 at 12:49 PM, wvu80 said:

I swear this won't take 3 weeks to decide like the TV thread, but I need help.  I'm going to pick up a new mattress (only) , but how the heck do I decide?

I'll buy through Sams Club.  They have in-club and then a whole bunch on-line.

https://www.samsclub.com/sams/queen-mattresses/1353.cp?clubId=6373&limit=48&offset=0&rootDimension=product_rating%3A4%2Bstars%2Band%2Babove&searchCategoryId=1353&selectedFilter=all&sortKey=p_sales_rank&sortOrder=1&viewMode=grid

In the Queen size mattress there are 500 choices.  When I go to the 4 star and above ratings there are 252.  There is memory foam, innerspring, hybrid,  After that there is Firm, Medium, Plush, Ultra Plush, Extra firm, adjustable.

Here are the 94 mattress only choices.

https://www.samsclub.com/sams/queen-mattresses/1353.cp?clubId=6373&limit=48&offset=0&rootDimension=product_rating%3A4%2Bstars%2Band%2Babove&searchCategoryId=1353&selectedFilter=all&sortKey=p_sales_rank&sortOrder=1&viewMode=grid

How in the world do I figure out what I want?  I don't even know where to start.

first it was a tv.... And now a mattress.....

you should go sit on Santa's lap...

i hope you haven't been naughty....

Santa's checking his list and checking it twice...

• Haha 2