Need mattress choice help

wvu80

On ‎11‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 11:49 AM, wvu80 said:

I swear this won't take 3 weeks to decide like the TV thread, but I need help.  I'm going to pick up a new mattress (only) , but how the heck do I decide?

I'll buy through Sams Club.  They have in-club and then a whole bunch on-line.

https://www.samsclub.com/sams/queen-mattresses/1353.cp?clubId=6373&limit=48&offset=0&rootDimension=product_rating%3A4%2Bstars%2Band%2Babove&searchCategoryId=1353&selectedFilter=all&sortKey=p_sales_rank&sortOrder=1&viewMode=grid

In the Queen size mattress there are 500 choices.  When I go to the 4 star and above ratings there are 252.  There is memory foam, innerspring, hybrid,  After that there is Firm, Medium, Plush, Ultra Plush, Extra firm, adjustable.

Here are the 94 mattress only choices.

https://www.samsclub.com/sams/queen-mattresses/1353.cp?clubId=6373&limit=48&offset=0&rootDimension=product_rating%3A4%2Bstars%2Band%2Babove&searchCategoryId=1353&selectedFilter=all&sortKey=p_sales_rank&sortOrder=1&viewMode=grid

How in the world do I figure out what I want?  I don't even know where to start.

The Samsung 75" OLED I saw at Sams today for $2500 would look great in the bedroom. 😁😁

Mark

=== good Gawd, no. Not another wvu “what’s the best” thread. Well, this should be interesting bathroom reading until Christmas- give or take several weeks. Night night — 

And you should have mentioned buying a Subaru earlier. I ride with a Subie manufacturer rep who’s said the the absolute best deal and biggest selection is from a dealer in Colorado Springs, sorry can’t remeber the name. Deals are so good you can have them delivered and still save a shitt pile of $$$. 

On 11/20/2018 at 3:41 PM, Schu said:

Volkswagen Alltrack has been good so far... as long as you stay away from the moonroof option.

36407957225_3dbbb14d5e_b.jpg

Nice and peppy with all wheel drive and a 1.8l turbo that can be pushed to around 300hp without much effort, but expense 😛

Probably a direct competitor to most of the Subaru SUV line... 

=== I like orange cars — 

10 hours ago, wvu80 said:

…..

I have a box spring I am going to keep, just need the mattress. (NO YOU DON'T, GET THAT NEW SERTA BOX SPRING TOO LOL)  SC may not have that Ridgemont model you mentioned, but it sounds like you are recommending the plush pillowtop?  (YES)  I'm sure SC Serta has an equivalent.  It gives me a place to look. (GET THE NEXT ONE UP - $50 MORE) ↗️

…..

You mentioned two things, the Serta Perfect Sleeper and the motel mattresses. (IT WAS HOTEL SHEET'S - NOT A MOTEL MATTRESS LMAO) 

Happy Thanksgivng too

3 hours ago, ZEUS121996 said:

The Samsung 75" OLED I saw at Sams today for $2500 would look great in the bedroom. 😁😁-  Mark

Great price for a 75" Oled!

But I need to turn off my TV brain.  I now know all these useless TV stats, model numbers and terms that three weeks ago I didn't even know existed.

I was at Sams this morning looking at beds and office chairs.  There is a 75" LG for a THOUSAND that looked awful good!  B)

Don't buy a cheap mattress, your back will thank you. Royal Pedic

https://www.allergybuyersclub.com/royal-pedic-cotton-mattresses.html

I added this 4" topper

https://www.allergybuyersclub.com/3-4-5-inch-royal-pedic-pillow-top-mattress-pads.html

I sleep very well. I took my time and waited for a good sale and paid around $6,000 for King, All-Cotton plus box springs and the topper. Best investment I've ever made.

Royal-Pedic is hand-made in Beverly Hills, CA

18 hours ago, wvu80 said:

Great price for a 75" Oled!

But I need to turn off my TV brain.  I now know all these useless TV stats, model numbers and terms that three weeks ago I didn't even know existed.

I was at Sams this morning looking at beds and office chairs.  There is a 75" LG for a THOUSAND that looked awful good!  B)

Best Buy is showing the 75 Samsung at $1599 starting in about 6:00 your time. It's still not to late doc. Run down there and get in line! Or order it online

Mark

• Haha 1

We bought a Sleep Number bed about four years ago. (M7 I think?) It was pricey, I’m talking La Scala II money (probably more like Cornwall III retail money). However it was some of the best money we’ve ever spent. Four years and we still love it. There is a store in Charleston and a couple in Columbus. I’d recommend you give them a try. They have lots of options. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/21/2018 at 5:17 PM, Emile said:

OK; last one on mattresses ... we got a Tempur-Pedic about a year ago ... ?Flex?model ... awesome ... expensive, but we got the floor model at 50% off from a big furniture store ... haha; only 100 people laid on it for a minute ... for a $1000 savings it did not bother me :D 

Cheers, Emile 

We tried a tempur-pedic years ago.  At the end of the trial period I kind of liked it. My wife HATED everything about it.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, M_Klipsch said:

We bought a Sleep Number bed about four years ago. (M7 I think?) It was pricey, I’m talking La Scala II money (probably more like Cornwall III retail money).

LOL!  Thanks for putting it into terms I can understand!  :lol:

+++

My budget is $500 but I can justify a little more if I get a little more.

My problem now is BF prices which in general all seem to have a $100 drop.  I still can't figure out if I find a $500 bed, what is the difference between it and a $600 bed?  I have no idea.

11 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

I still can't figure out if I find a $500 bed, what is the difference between it and a $600 bed?

I used to buy latex mattresses from Amazon in this price range. They didn't last 2 years before they lost their support. I'd buy them for a guest room but never to be used as a primary bed.

32 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

LOL!  Thanks for putting it into terms I can understand!  :lol:

+++

My budget is $500 but I can justify a little more if I get a little more.

My problem now is BF prices which in general all seem to have a $100 drop.  I still can't figure out if I find a $500 bed, what is the difference between it and a $600 bed?  I have no idea.

What's with all you guys talking about finding new boyfriends, cheaper boyfriends...…? AND on Thanksgiving day! 😲😲

Mark