Need mattress choice help

wvu80

On ‎11‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 11:29 AM, wvu80 said:

Thanks for the link, looking now.

I was just at Sams Club, laying down on the mattresses believe it or not.  I felt like an idiot. 

You do realize you just slept with a woman whose bed is infested by the fleas from a thousand camels? 😄😄

Mark

• Haha 2

50 minutes ago, finallygotmyheresies said:

I used to buy latex mattresses from Amazon in this price range. They didn't last 2 years before they lost their support. I'd buy them for a guest room but never to be used as a primary bed.

Is having sex on a latex bed considered safe sex? 🤨🤨

Mark

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, windashine said:
19 hours ago, wvu80 said:

I still can't figure out if I find a $500 bed, what is the difference between it and a $600 bed?  I have no idea.

… the color lol

Useful.  Not!  :rolleyes:

I think I'm just going to buy another TV now that I know something about them.

• Haha 1

The mattress industry isn't much different than the pillow industry.  The My Pillow has been very successful based on the hypothesis that the best sleep is motionless sleep.  This idea has been sold over and over, and My Pillow is just the latest to capitalize on it.

I'm an active sleeper and turn from side, to back, to side all through the night.  I've never felt sleep-deprived.  I've lived long enough to have had many different mattresses, from low-end mattresses up to Stearns & Foster.  I'm an active sleeper on all of them.

Selling better sleep is like selling snake oil.  It's a huge industry.
Agree it's a snake oil subject, but I love my Sterns & Foster.

I'm like you, I flip and flop and move around it drives my wife crazy sometimes. She can fall asleep quicker than you can say goodnight, and rarely moves.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

In the interest of actually helping I'll take the time to tell you what I know about mattress's, my experiences. Went to all the local mattress stores and laid around on various mattress's. Learned, well nothing except that how they could afford to build big stand-alone mattress stores and pay the help to hang around doing nothing.

Searched/read the www. Learned practically nothing about my comfort laying on various mattresses.

A year later I decided to take a flying leap and buy a mattress using my best guess online education. Ordered a Beautyrest Silver from US mattress. They don't haul mattress's around the country on trucks. Various manufacturing locations. They build them, deliver them and haul the old stuff away, if you want them to. They keep you updated from the time you order. Order received, in progress, build date, completion, ship date and delivery date. The delivery people actually call on time and deliver within a two hour window. The two delivery guys were respectful of my home and fine mahogany furniture and were courteous. They left without a trace they had been here. Good experience.

At the time I had hip problems. Along with all that foam it took a while to get used to the new mattress. It has a soft entry but the innersprings give good support (comfort level 7). I sleep like a dirty dog now, 8 hours every night. I wake up refreshed. I love it. Of course everyone is different.

Use the web site for info if nothing else. You'll learn something anyway. I see right now the mattress I bought is $889. When I bought it the price was $742 less a $25 discount. It's a pig-n-a-poke. Good luck with that.

Keith

simmons-beautyrest-silver-lydia-manor-iii-plush-pillow-top-mattress-4.jpg

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
3 hours ago, finallygotmyheresies said:

How’s the new mattress holding up so far?

I went to every web site and read mattress specs until my eyeballs fell out from boredom.

Because of reading about double-sided mattress I learned I could flip mine over, which I did.  Sagging problem solved, I never did get a new mattress.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, wvu80 said:

I went to every web site and read mattress specs until my eyeballs fell out from boredom.

Because of reading about double-sided mattress I learned I could flip mine over, which I did.  Sagging problem solved, I never did get a new mattress.

You can put plywood between the mattress and box spring also.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, wvu80 said:

5 hours ago, JJkizak said:

The flip only lasts for a little while.

JJK

Keep flipping. Ain't that what ur suppozed to do anywho?

• Like 1