Peavey CH1 biradial horns - SOLD

moray james

Guys I have a pair of large Peavey CH1 horns (NOW SOLD thanks for reading). These were designed by three ex EV designers who took on with Peavey after working with Don Keele Jr. at Electro Voice. The horns are an excellent example of Don's work and are a wide band design designed for use with a one inch standard screw on compression driver and can be used from 500 Hz up. These are a smaller version of the famous EV Great White Shark Horns.
   I am looking to find a home for these locally as I don't want to get into the job of packing them. I bought these off of Claude here on this forum and he did a great job of shipping them to me in Canada all the way from America they cost a lot to ship. I have enjoyed them now I simply need smaller loudspeakers.

I am only looking for a local pick up and I am only asking a token sale price of $50.00 CND for the pair in very good condition. I have attached pictures which are not mine and are so those not familiar can see what they are . You will have to look on line for exact specs though they measure approximately 28.5"x14.5"x18.5 deep. If there are any local members who are interested please send me a PM to arrange pick up.

Peavey CH1 Horn 1.jpg

Peavey CH1 horn 2.jpg

Peavey CH1 - 3.jpg

Peavey CH1 - 4.jpg

Peavey CH1 Horn 5.jpg

Peavey CH1 Horn 6.jpg

Peavey CH1 - 1.jpg

I would bet that Peavey sold more SP1 combo than all the LaScala Klipsch ever sold then there are the separates Peavey horns, they should not be hard to find in one of the versions they came in. It is a very long way between calgary and florida and our shipping is much more expensive than yours is in the states. Have a good Thanks Giving and check Craig's list from time to time. Thanks for posting.

Shaun I have one person who is considering to have UPS ship them He is not sure about pricing if he changes his min then you are next in line. Give your brother in law a call and see if he is willing.

I forgot to mention I have a pair of Peavey SP1 Mk lll two way crossovers for these. I want $50.00 CND for the pair of these if anyone out there is interested.

3 minutes ago, moray james said:

Shaun I have one person who is considering to have UPS ship them He is not sure about pricing if he changes his min then you are next in line. Give your brother in law a call and see if he is willing.

I forgot to mention I have a pair of Peavey SP1 Mk lll two way crossovers for these. I want $50.00 CND for the pair of these if anyone out there is interested.

I'm pretty sure he owes me a favor or two, so I don't think he'd have a problem picking them up.  He lives in Langdon and works in Calgary, not sure which one might be closer to you.  If the UPS thing falls through for the other guy let me know, thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Shaun K said:

Thanks Moray, I look forward to getting my hands on them this summer.  Now I need to decide on some drivers and bass bins :)

The University Dean and Classic as well as the E.G.Beck California should be among the top choices for a quality wide band bass bin which are not complex builds. For drivers EV DH1506 or the Altec 288 are both excellent wide band drivers even the lowly Peavey 22a is a very well designed and much overlooked driver designed to the task at hand for not a lot of money you could start there and look for better over time. The list of drives capable of reproducing from 500Hz and up is a very small list these are three good ones which won't break the bank. Good luck and have fun.

Ernst Beck California horn.gif

California Response.jpg

University Classic.jpg

University Dean horn loudspeaker.jpg