Rough layout for some corrosion repair; work on vaca

USNRET

Is the fuselage on a trailer, or in the hanger.... I can venture into some remedial offers to control that corrosion... As an example, my old truck was put together with rivets too, and I removed them one by one by one by one, and slowly put the wheels back on, and found a great sandblasting and custom welding shop, to carry on, I mean, fix my truck venture....

Have a Nice Thanksgiving, fly safely...

'53 truck project 037.jpg

'53 truck project 038.jpg

'53 truck project 040.jpg

The 50 year old aircraft stay outside surrounded by saltwater within a mile on three sides with wind everyday. They fly down to 200' over the water so salt encrusted. We rinse with 500 gallons of Culligan filtered water after every flight when at home and wash with the same clean water every 28 days inspecting 1/3 of the airframe for corrosion. Every 224 days we open them up for inspection.

20160322_103822_001.jpg

… I was almost sure that vaca was meant to be vacation, like there was a smaller airplane in the backyard lol... thank you for the reply.... 

almost sent a link for the desert graveyard as a source for replacement panels... by looking at the picture above, I'm now planning on getting some caster's for my scaffold in the living room.... seems like a better plan than 4 rubber floor mat's... nevertheless, a picture is worth a thousand words, pretty cool...  there's gotta be a smaller plane around there somewhere....

maxresdefault.jpg

6 hours ago, windashine said:

… I was almost sure that vaca was meant to be vacation, like there was a smaller airplane in the backyard lol... thank you for the reply.... 

almost sent a link for the desert graveyard as a source for replacement panels... by looking at the picture above, I'm now planning on getting some caster's for my scaffold in the living room.... seems like a better plan than 4 rubber floor mat's... nevertheless, a picture is worth a thousand words, pretty cool...  there's gotta be a smaller plane around there somewhere....

maxresdefault.jpg

Whats with the rinky dink wheels? Shopping cart?

JJK

41 minutes ago, JJkizak said:

Whats with the rinky dink wheels? Shopping cart?

JJK

That's what I imagined for the size of a project that Mike was working on lol, sorry for messing up the thread...  was wondering if it fit on a trailer so I uploaded a "size example" - I mean, doesn't everyone have pontoon's on their plane down there on the coast... isn't that what everybody fly's through a hurricane eyewall (grin)

. o O ( be glad that vacation time doesn't allow too much time to mess around lol) …. I saw this thing on one of my strange exploratory searches... just glad to finally put it (the pic) to use, other than a way to reduce the number of bug hit's on the front nose file.... I remember trying to offer fixes for a recent thread about mowing in a yard of mosquitos lol and the infamous "garage door cable"...

car plane.jpg

• Haha 1