Subwoofer choice

celioguim

Hello!

Klipsch is running a black friday special for the R-120SW, going for $224 each. So, for $448.00 I can get 2 of them and place one on each side. I can also buy for $699 one R-115SW. What would you do? Is one 15 better than these two 12s? I'm leaning towards two 12s but I wanted to hear from you guys. I never heard these subwoofers.

What should I do? :-)

Thanks! 

I just bought the R-SW10i for same price. I wanted wireless but after looking and asking questions on the forum about the connection to my amp I can't utilize the wireless feature. It'll be here Friday according to tracking info. Wonder how easy it'll be to exchange for the 12 you're looking at. 

Oh yeah, BUY THEM! That's a great price. 

• Like 1

How big is the room and do you mainly use this system for music or movies?

If the 15 can be placed in the ideal spot in the room, I would imagine that it would outperform the dual 12’s. Dual 12’s will likely have more even bass response but the 15 should definitely dig deeper. 

I am a big dual sub fan but I would almost always take the single, larger/better sub over less expensive dual subs especially if movies are your primary focus.

Besides, you can always add another 15 down the road. It’s only money..

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/2/2018 at 8:32 AM, roaddog359 said:

But 2 15's are even BETTER than 2 12's.  Dual subs will always be better than a single.  

In most cases, yes but definitely not fact. My single Rythmik easily out paced my dual SB-2000’s. 

• 2 months later...

Thanks everyone for all the inputs! I got one R-115SB for now, I'm planning to get the second one later. I don't want to blow it high, I'm looking for quality and quality alone ... but dam, I walked in to a Best Buy store last Sunday afternoon and they have a Klipsch set up in their studio 2 over the Magnolia section ... I kid you not, the store shelves were shaking and you could feel the trembling all around ... they have 2 R-115SB connected to their systems ... I was impressed! They were playing Star Wars Last Jedi if I'm not mistaken.