Audiophiles Anonymous

Harleywood

Main System 

Pair of modded Klipschorns with jbl2446h miss,crites ct-120 tweeters and crites woofers with 2" tractrix horns With Volti crossovers 

Line Magnetic LM-219ia ampwith upgraded Psvane WE-845's,PSVANE WE-300b's  original WE -310a's with Telefunken 12ax7's

Line magnetic CA-502 DAC

Lexucon RT-20 cd player

McIntosh MR-78 tuner

Audio Tekne ALT-8905 power conditioner ,Audience Power conditioner 

Yamaha PF-800 turntable with schiit mani phonostage and Shure M-97X cartridge 

Second system

1980 mint Klipschorns 

Mcintosh C-34v preamp

Mcintosh Mc-240 tube amp

dynaco fm-3 tuner

Yamaha YPD-8 turntable with Cambridge phonostage 

Northstar 24/192 DAC 

Pioneer elite pd-37 CD player 

Third system 

Line Magnetic LM-126ia limited edition amp

Altec Lansing VOTT completely restored

Cambridge TT turntable with matching phonostage 

sony HD Tuner 

Upstairs system

pair of Lascala II's with an extra Lascala II  for a center channel when room allows 

Pioneer Elite SC-61 receiver 

Sony bluray player

Cary MS-1 music server

I was online this summer and and a guy from Canada has a pair of Jubilee clones and if they had been in the US I would have bought them,do I have room for them, no but it would have been nice to have them .Last month I missed a chance to buy a pair of ADS -L-2030 towers,My wife asked when will it end will have speakers,amps,turntables and wires in every room and closets in our basement.I could not give her an honest answer.We did compromised and I agreed to sell the 2 KPT-684 subwoofers I bought last month and then who knows maybe I can stall her until we find a place to use them.I can't help myself I love music and I love audio systems,does not matter if it is current gear or vintage,does not matter if it is a small start up system or a mega system.I know I had it bad when the last 2 purchases I made off the Klipsch forum,the members had large garages out back of thier homes and I started looking at building a garage like that or find a home with one already there.Now if that is not addicted I don't know what is.

• Like 1

What addiction? I see no problem.

I may have owned a couple different speakers...

Main
Altec 100
Altec 19 - Current
Altec computer speakers
Bose acoustimass
Cambridge audio sx-60
Cornscala
JBL 4306
JBL LSR305
JBL Studio 590
JBL S3900 - Current
KEF R300
KEF Q100
Klipsch Heresy II
Klipsch Heresy III
Klipsch kg4
Klipsch forte
Klipsch Forte III - Current
Klipsch chorus II
Klipsch RB-75 - Current
Klipsch RB-81 II
Klipsch rp-280f
Klipsch RF-7 II
Klipsch RF-7 III
Klipsch kg2.5
Klipsch pro media
Klipsch Quartet
Klipsch RS-35
Klipsch The Sixes
Martin Logan electro motion esl
Monitor audio b2
Monitor audio rs6
Pioneer cs99a
Presonus sceptre s6
PSB alpha mini
Wharfedale Diamond 10.2
Wharfedale Denton
Yamaha ns a180

Center
Klipsch kg2.2
Klipsch RC-64ii
Klipsch RC-64 III - Current
Klipsch RP-450c
Monitor audio bronze center

Portable
Altec imix
Klipsch The One
Sony boombox
Behringer

Subwoofer
Definitive supercube II
HSU ULS-15 mk2 - Current
Klipsch r-115sw
Klipsch r-112sw
Klipsch sw-311
Martin Logan Dynamo 1000
REL T1
JTR 118HT - Current

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

A lot of great history with all of your posts. I'm still fighting my addiction and my wife although understanding is I believe starting to get upset. I just recently purchased a Klipsch R-10SWi less than a month ago. Talk about enhancing the Epic CF-2's. That sub does the trick quite nicely so my search for some CF3 or CF4's has ended. I've been wanting to replace my CD player with a new Rotel RCD 1572 to match my RA 1570 integrated and ran across an open box item on EBay at a $200 savings from retail price. I was able to pass the sub off as a Christmas present for myself so now I'm trying to figure out how to present the CD player purchase. She knows my current cdp is out of date and she's even acknowledged the sound quality of the cdp s not there since I've updated my amp and turntable. Im probably worrying over nothing. I should just buy it. I'm sure she'll like it and approve once she hears it. :)

• Like 1

Harleywood, As long as you are buying your audio equipment out of current income you are ok. My motto is always pay for your sins in CASH. There is no cure for Upgradeitis, you can only treat the symptoms. It sounds like you have made some good moves in improving your system. Take your time and enjoy what you have. Once in a while prune your holdings and make momma happy. I recently sold a receiver and a pair of Klipsch bookshelf speakers to a buddy of mine and I was quite surprised that it was relatively painless to part company.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, RT FAN said:

Harleywood, As long as you are buying your audio equipment out of current income you are ok. My motto is always pay for your sins in CASH. There is no cure for Upgradeitis, you can only treat the symptoms. It sounds like you have made some good moves in improving your system. Take your time and enjoy what you have. Once in a while prune your holdings and make momma happy. I recently sold a receiver and a pair of Klipsch bookshelf speakers to a buddy of mine and I was quite surprised that it was relatively painless to part company.

I agree 100% percent with your philosophy on paying cash for purchases. If I can't pay cash for it I don't buy it. I thank my dad for instilling that knowledge in me. I'm lucky to have the ability to upgrade but I try to keep it financially reasonable. Why I'd love to have a $20k plus system I don't see the benefit considering my room acoustics and limitations my current floorplan has for making any improvements to that. I could however part with some older equipment. I still have my first purchase amp, preamp, tuner, turntable, and cassette deck. They're still in working order and sound great but my sentimental value is higher than what they'd sell for so I continue to hold on to them. One day I'll part with them but it will probably be as a donation to one of my kids when they move out and show an interest in something other than ITunes and Spotify. Lol

A sound philosophy, perhaps one day your kids will appreciate the equipment you hand down to them.  The receiver I sold was a Yamaha CR-820, a good looking classic receiver, just criminally underused. It happened to be the exact one my buddy's father had when he was growing up. It was in great shape & I spent some time cleaning her up so looked real good for when his father swung by. I was told the old man was spinning some vinyl in his son's apartment. I was glad I could do my part. As an added bonus, the sale yielded the exact amount of money I give to the doormen at my apartment building for Christmas tips. Easy come, easy go.

• Like 1

Great story RT. Glad you could provide equipment so the old man can continue to enjoy his hobby. I've taken my son to some vintage vinyl stores and even bought some vinyl in his genre for him to spin in hopes he'd catch the bug. He's 17 and right now he loves the convenience of his iPhone and Edifer powered Bluetooth speakers. One day… 

• Moderators
On 11/23/2018 at 4:05 PM, Marvel said:
On 11/21/2018 at 2:16 PM, dtel said:

I don't keep electronics under the patio since they rarely get used...

I thought that is where the bodies are buried...

Just don't tell anyone.

On 12/4/2018 at 11:56 AM, RT FAN said:

As long as you are buying your audio equipment out of current income you are ok. My motto is always pay for your sins in CASH.

Exactly