Need recommendations on speaker wires and banana plug

Shadow ryder

What will fit?  Well, the holes are big enough to accept about 10 gauge or narrower.  Pretty much any banana plug will fit too.

Just buy some 100% OFC wire of the gauge you think appropriate.  Anywhere between 10 and 16 gauge.  Don't go for the CCA copper clad aluminum junk.

Don't use banana plugs unless you have to move your stuff around a lot.  They are only a convenience and serve no purpose other than that.  They will not improve the sound and in fact depending on the design and materials used they can actually degrade it.

You've got a great setup there...enjoy it!!  👍

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, wuzzzer said:

What will fit?  Well, the holes are big enough to accept about 10 gauge or narrower.  Pretty much any banana plug will fit too.

Just buy some 100% OFC wire of the gauge you think appropriate.  Anywhere between 10 and 16 gauge.  Don't go for the CCA copper clad aluminum junk.

Don't use banana plugs unless you have to move your stuff around a lot.  They are only a convenience and serve no purpose other than that.  They will not improve the sound and in fact depending on the design and materials used they can actually degrade it.

You've got a great setup there...enjoy it!!  👍

I second this. Personally, I like the Monoprice 14 gauge 100% copper wire. Its probably the best bang for the buck.

https://www.amazon.com/Monoprice-Choice-Gauge-Conductor-Speaker/dp/B001UNLRGC/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1542822826&sr=8-4&keywords=monoprice+14+gauge+speaker+wire

• Moderators
27 minutes ago, twk123 said:

I second this. Personally, I like the Monoprice 14 gauge 100% copper wire. Its probably the best bang for the buck.

I agree.  I typically buy the 14 gauge CL2 Rated (since some runs are in the attic) but it also looks nice in the room as well - https://amzn.to/2OVw0CX

Definitely a great bang for your buck as mentioned. 

I LOVE using banana plugs but I'm constantly comparing between speakers, reviewing different receivers, integrated amps and external amplifiers so it's essential to me just for the convenience factor.  As mentioned, there is no sonic benefit by using them.   I made a video about them on my channel.