Khorns Barn find Ohio

ZEUS121996

The last bid was 500 for all three but was able to get a small discount once I saw them in person.
There is some water damage especially on the Belle.
There is one bad woofer in of the lot. Its dcr is good but sounds horrible.
The rest of the drivers are ok. The crossovers are AK and an AB so they will need replaced.
I'll post photos when I can.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Skelt said:

The last bid was 500 for all three but was able to get a small discount once I saw them in person.
There is some water damage especially on the Belle.
There is one bad woofer in of the lot. Its dcr is good but sounds horrible.
The rest of the drivers are ok. The crossovers are AK and an AB so they will need replaced.
I'll post photos when I can.

Nice Grab

Mark

You were smart to leave those marks on top.  There is a point in sanding that substrate beyond which you can do more damage than good.  I think you did the best you could without sanding too deep and the Khorn now looks nice.

What's the plan for the single Khorn?  Find him a brother for a pair, or sell the single?  Add a pair for a large but dynamite L/C/R front soundstage?

There is a pair just not matching. One collared and this one without.

For now they are keepers and I have a pair of nice Belles + a rough single belle in the garage sale.

The older one will take much more effort.
It was lacquered and is peeling. Most of the old lacquer scraped off with a putty knife but some areas will need a thinner.

The top is missing a piece of veneer. I might reveneer the top on that one.39ef35dd6c3279ff652061994ac58ef9.jpg