WTB: Academy center speaker (Found)

wuzzzer

Been going back and forth with what I want to do with my setup.  I've finally decided to keep my Heresy IIs as my front mains and am looking for a center speaker.  Ideally I'd love another Heresy but that will require more reconfiguring than what I want to do right now.

So, looks like an Academy will fit the bill.  The cheaper the better.  Prefer black.  Cosmetically challenged is ok as long as no damage to the drivers and all are 100% functioning.  Prefer no serous veneer issues.  I guess blown tweeter is ok since I will immediately be replacing it with a Crites titanium diaphragm.

I will be setting my tv on top of it so no big deal if there are lots of scratches on the top and bottom.

The closer to western MN the better for shipping purposes (if need be).

Please send me a PM with pictures and your asking price shipped to zip code 56308.

👍

3 minutes ago, Emile said:

Haha ... $100 from CraigsList sound a bit better ... maybe you can adjust your pricing for a fellow Klipsch fan :D 

The CL one is $150 and not sure if he'll ship.  He said it's still available and is getting me more pics.

• Like 1

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, Emile said:

Haha ... $100 from CraigsList sound a bit better ... maybe you can adjust your pricing for a fellow Klipsch fan :D 

The Craigslist Ad I posted has the SF2 for $100.  His Academy is listed at $150 but has been listed for over a month.  If it is still available, the seller might be willing to take less.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Well, thanks Klipsch!  😕  In their official Academy brochure they list the depth at 12.25".  I thought that seemed odd since in all the pictures I've seen of them they look a lot more shallow than that.  Sure enough, davis419b confirmed that they are actually 9.25" deep.

This is a huge deal because I was going to set my tv on it and the base for my tv is about 12" deep.  Now I either have to buy a new tv stand that will fit the Academy inside it or just scrap the whole idea altogether.  😒  Not a happy camper right now.

Capture+_2018-11-24-22-45-48.png