Strange AA crossover

Dave A

7 hours ago, Deang said:

Whatever it is, it’s not an AA. 

Oh I agree it is not now but the Klipsch descriptor on the front of the base says it started out as one.

1 hour ago, pzannucci said:

Am I seeing right?  Is there a wire also across the one cap (or I'm blind)?  How does that work?  Something special here!! 

No that is floating in space at one end. I wonder if Dean could help me figure out where it is supposed to go?

21 hours ago, Dave A said:

I had to buy these at the price offered just for components. This has to be the craziest AA crossover I have ever seen and I can't imagine how this configuration was arrived at....

… o O (Was there braille near any of the door's where you picked this up?)

I'm figuring the air core inductors will work for you in a forthcoming project, but if you decide to toss the motor cap's, I'll search for a silver dollar...

44 minutes ago, ClaudeJ1 said:

That would be my advice also.

9 hours ago, Deang said:

It would take some mental gymnastics, but If you like working puzzles - you could  trace out that mess and make a schematic. 

Say I have two. One for each of you guys. I can wait for the schematics.

3 minutes ago, windashine said:

I'm figuring the air core inductors will work for you in a forthcoming project, but if you decide to toss the motor cap's, I'll search for a silver dollar...

Those motor caps look like the ones Bob used to sell and i figure they will measure good. Air cores are common use Klipsch values so there are worthwhile parts here.

• Thanks 1