A-55G's another install

Alexander

Yesterday I installed my a55g mid drivers into klf-30's and am giving them there run in. First impression was a noticeable difference in the lower end of the sqwalker and over all smoothness. After ~10 hours I have started to notice on lesser quality recordings are showing themselves. So far I am very pleased with the new drivers. Now if I can hold off with putting the Ciare drivers in for another few days. ;)

• Like 3

So Alexander.....unless I've got you mixed up with someone else, it seems you're checking off all the boxes on the 'Ultimate Upgrade' list.[emoji106]

What have you all done so far? What do you have left?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

11 hours ago, SWL said:

So Alexander.....unless I've got you mixed up with someone else, it seems you're checking off all the boxes on the 'Ultimate Upgrade' list.emoji106.png

What have you all done so far? What do you have left?

Yes that is the plan SWL :)

So far I have:

Re sealed the boxes and "stoled" your method of bracing  ;)

Build my own new xovers from scratch (also did the same for the c7)

Installed the a55g's

Next will be installing the Ciare's

And finally take the BC Ti twitters from a pair of forte II's to round things out.

Still using the factory foam in the factory locations.

klf30xoside.JPG

• Like 2

SWL, trying to give each step a chance to listen and eval but it is very tempting to just do everything at once and be done. Back in my drag racing days it proved out that one step at a time was always faster & cheaper to make forward progress in the racing program than trying to do multipliable changes at once. Guess I still have a bit of that still in me.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Alexander said:

SWL, trying to give each step a chance to listen and eval

I do that as well since it suits my long term need for finding the best sound and my short term need for learning, to see which changes lead to what differences in the sound.

That's why I can tell you with confidence that with regards to my CF-4 mods that bracing the cab is cool, but I couldn't hear any difference and I can add $5 worth of Polyfil in the right places and it makes a noticeable difference in the accuracy of the sound.

SWL, trying to give each step a chance to listen and eval but it is very tempting to just do everything at once and be done. Back in my drag racing days it proved out that one step at a time was always faster & cheaper to make forward progress in the racing program than trying to do multipliable changes at once. Guess I still have a bit of that still in me.
I agree and it's the best way to know what is going on. Trying to be patient with those Ciare woofers just sitting there has to be tough.

I'm going through this right now rolling tubes. So many different combinations giving different results but it's a lot of fun. Especially when it sounds so good.