New Forte III Owner - int amp suggestions

CCNJ

The specs on the benchmark AHB2 are crazy good but the parasound A21 is no slouch by any means. Not worth the expense to upgrade imho. I think I will stick with my kit for awhile which was good advice. I haven’t upgraded in awhile so I got the itch and got ahead of myself. I have to wait a bit for the speakers but will post back towards the end of the year with my impressions

4 hours ago, Westcoastdrums said:

Sorry. Why bother to have a hifI system if you feel there is no difference between anything? 

Never said that.  ..There is no audible difference b/w amps that are engineered to be linear w/in their operating limits, is what I said.  This excludes poorly engineered tube amps or any amp that is a poor match for it speakers in terms of efficiency and expected SPL's in a given listening environment.

All credible evidence suggests that your hifi systems is pretty much all about your choice in speakers.  ..And the OP made a good choice in that regard.  

http://ethanwiner.com/audiophoolery.html

I’ve got two Elekit TU-H82 snap together kit amps that sound remarkable (6 watts). Rolling the 12AU7s is great fun! It’s a toy really, and for $300 it’ll turn your head. Or, The NuForce DDA-120 sounds fantastic with Belles + subwoofer. It can be found for $250. Your Fortes will likely be fine with any well thought out device upstream.

F50BB47A-8CA9-4A87-A7DB-A4DA8A5FEC16.jpeg

634D09FF-AEFA-4C36-8B4D-3FDC8920B33A.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CCNJ said:

The specs on the benchmark AHB2 are crazy good but the parasound A21 is no slouch by any means. Not worth the expense to upgrade imho. I think I will stick with my kit for awhile which was good advice. I haven’t upgraded in awhile so I got the itch and got ahead of myself. I have to wait a bit for the speakers but will post back towards the end of the year with my impressions

You are correct.....A21 is running 25% off list.....which is a good bargain.....good call

George

1 minute ago, Kman said:

I've got some forte III's on the way too. Bought a Yamaha A-S801 integrated amp in silver to pair them with. Hopefully they play well with each other. 

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_022AS801S/Yamaha-A-S801-Silver.html

Please give us an update when you get it all fired up.

Bill

I will. there was a bit of a mix up on the speaker order so they are a bit delayed. Hopefully on their way soon. As soon as they get in and hook them up I will. I've been staring at my yamaha for two weeks now doing nothing. patience is a virtue.....

3.jpg

20 hours ago, CCNJ said:

I would love to hear from members that have experimented and have found a good pairing with Forte’s or other heritage speakers. 

Congrats on your first Klipsch speakers.  They were designed by Roy Delgado, who has a great rep, has been with Klipsch for about forty years, and worked closely with PWK.

If you do 50% HT, you should have electronics that are at least 5.1, which will allow you to play wonderful multichannel SACD and DVD-A music disks, as well as your movies (you will need a player that supports SACD and DVD-A).  A good combo would be 1) A good, multichannel, pre-amp processor (pre-pro or AVP), preferably one with Audyssey, like one of the better Marantz pre-pros, AND 2) A good, multichannel power amp by (in approximate order of quality -- by reputation -- from best on down, depending on budget) Luxman, Parasound, NAD, Maramtz.  "Separates" probably have more honest specs (especially re: power and distortion), more capable power supplies, and better heat dissipation.

I have had great results with my Heritage (Klipschorn AK4s, Belle Klipsch, Heresy II) with both Luxman and NAD.  Parasound has John Curl's sterling reputation.  My Marantz pre-pro is wonderful, and is quieter (important with efficient speakers) than the NAD pre-pro I used to have (a surprise!).

It will take a while to find just the right placement for your Forte IIIs.   Toe them in toward the listening position.  Make sure you don't block the passive radiator, but position them near a wall or corner, anyway.   Most people love them after break-in and correct placement. 

• Like 1