Monster MPA 5150 Brand New !

NiceSystem

The ad says sealed box, never opened....... So at $2700.00 it is a great price. 

plus at 150 watts per channel...... not a lot of high power 5 channel amp come up for sale. 

Thoughts....... plus finding one without any issues, over driven, or damage to them. 

Edited by NiceSystem

4 minutes ago, Westcoastdrums said:

I have owned the B&K 200.2 and let me tell you, the parasound isn't twice as good an amp at more than double the price.   Stick with your B&K gear.  I think they fly under the radar a bit.   

The 200.2 is driven by a C2500 tube pre and running LaScala 2's. It's the best combo that's ever been in my house. It's the end game for me unless it craps out and then I'd probably try to find a MC 252. Until then I'm COMPLETELY satisfied.

• Like 1

On ‎11‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 6:24 PM, NiceSystem said:

plus at 150 watts per channel...... not a lot of high power 5 channel amp come up for sale. 

This has to be satire.  Although a poor attempt at one.

You can literally buy new from a manufacturer for just over a quarter of the price the same power.  For half the price, triple the power.

• Like 1

Let’s not bash the guy for posting. Haha

It sounds like a good amp, based off the few reviews available online. Here is one of those reviews:

Trust me when I say you have to here it to believe it. Insane quality is the first thing you will notice, just what you can expect, and more from monster. very heavy at 75 lbs. This amp. gives an incredible distinct sound of cinematic realism. Rated at 150w. per ch. (very conservatively). The best part about this amp. besides the quality build and amazing sound, is the price. If you search hard enough you can find one of these babies for under 2k. The retaiI is $3499 which is still a bargain, considering this amp sounds as good, if not better than anything valued at over 6 grand. The bottom line; is in the first sentence of this review. I will never sell this amp I got it on ebay for $1750. in 05' Monster is the best stuff out their for the price. The 2 ch. stereo sound is incredible ( coming from a 5ch amp.) Demo this amp before you buy!

Yes, the was he spelled hear “here” removes some of the creditably but he seems pleased.. 

I am not shopping though. I will just keep my B&K 200.7 S2 for the time being 😬

37 minutes ago, K5SS said:

Yes, the was he spelled hear “here” removes some of the creditably but he seems pleased.. 

Yes, and the way you spelled way "was" and credibility "creditably" removes some of yours.  Totally kidding man.  LOL

• Like 1

Wow, Everyone has a option on it, 

I just posted it to share, Because I found it online for sale..... 

I think the guy has a great piece. Maybe there are other amps out there

for same or even less money. But you have to take in conceration 

Used over New........ 

You never know, what someone has done to there amp, how they used it etc etc

Beening the amp is Brand new never used. I see it at a good deal. 

Question

Has anyone even contacted the person selling it ? 

Has anyone even contacted the person selling it 

Thanks for sharing.   No offense, but no. I highly dount anyone here would.   This is a good thread either way as it can introduce many to quality, excellent sounding bargain amps that may have previously been unfamiliar.   This isn't a bashing thread as was mentioned above.   

Btw, I used to work at the good guys in early 2000s and I sold that amp.   We sold VERY VERY few of them while I was there for 2 years. I could have gotten that amp 75% manufacturer direct, but I didn't do so.   I chose to get a much slimmer discount and got B&K instead.   I didn't feel it much better than a top of the line yamama at the time.   When we were bored, we did extensive listening tests and friendly arguing.