KG4 to Forte III?

WillyL

On 11/27/2018 at 10:45 AM, ODS123 said:

I listened to both extensively and preferred the CWIIIs.  ..But I'm luck to have a large room that can accommodate them.  If my room was considerably smaller I would have been quite happy with the Forte IIIs.

On 2/28/2019 at 7:02 AM, ODS123 said:

I preferred how the Cornwall III's sounded but they are extremely large and imposing looking.

As for sound, the CW's sounded more expansive and open, and they extend deeper - though not by much and thus noticeable only on a sub-set of my music  But again, the F3's sounded very good as well.   I think the CW's are also a bit easier to place because they don't have a rear-firing passive-radiator.  ..The F3's might have had to stick out further in the room.  ..But that's a guess.

CWiiiToeIn.thumb.jpg.e05149ade13a68b5513762ffaaa91229.jpg

In what type of venue did you listen to both extensively?  Did you not have the ability to experiment with placement(s) while doing so?

My Fortes III are as close or closer to the wall behind them as in that photo, thus they protrude out into the room quite less.  Not to say what you might prefer between the two actually set up in your room (or which I might prefer there) but based on my experience with my Fortes III I'd think they'd sound quite remarkable there.

1 hour ago, WillyL said:

I feel like I saved $2500 from buying new.  ...  How would you spend that money? 

Hard to say.  First instinct would be a new set of tires on the touring Harley and a couple weeks off work to "break them in real good."  That in a couple months, not just now :)

51 minutes ago, glens said:

In what type of venue did you listen to both extensively?  Did you not have the ability to experiment with placement(s) while doing so?

My Fortes III are as close or closer to the wall behind them as in that photo, thus they protrude out into the room quite less.  Not to say what you might prefer between the two actually set up in your room (or which I might prefer there) but based on my experience with my Fortes III I'd think they'd sound quite remarkable there.

I'm sure you're right - the Forte's probably would sound terrific in my room as well.  Not that I should be over influence by appearance but I also preferred the way the Cherry CW3's matched my cabinets and floors.  The Cherry veneer on the Forte seemed wayyy lighter.  Also, visually I think the Fortes wouldn't have filled the space b/w the cabinets and wall quite as nicely.   But this is subjective of course.

Yes, I was able to play with placement at the dealer but only so much.    

12 hours ago, Archguy said:

Beautiful setup and you appear to have concealed the cables to your television, for which I tip my hat sir!

Thanks!  ..My wife and I came to an understanding.  She'd allow my big 2-channel system to be set up in our great room so long as I did everything possible to make it look nice.  I consider myself lucky - most of our friends and family think it's kinda ostentatious and more than one said they'd say "no way".     ..But it really has been a blessing.  But setting it up in our great-room it has made music a family bonding activity.