This is better than rap!!!

JL Sargent

There is one great use of rap music I have found.  My Old Man, got a sub from Powersoundaudio, a sealed 15" sub.   We were setting it up and listening to it, and needed some bass to see how well it pounded. Yeah.   He starts looking through his music collection, not much slammin bass in the classics and no, I am not searching for organ music,  or from Barbara Streisand either.  Or from one of the  blu-ray movies I send him from time to time. Too long to load and search.  But he does have Sirius radio on cable, so I say, lets find the rap station.  For some reason, he didn't know that channel number.😀 I find it,  land on it. That station, will get ones sub pounding, no waiting needed.  The sub, a keeper.   👍   

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Moderators

One thing about rap is if you were to remove 2-3 words they would have to completely redo the song, and the word song was used very loosely. 

Is this how most people talk these days, pretty sad if so, just one opinion. Or does those words make you smarter, tougher and cool?

No prude here as many here who have met me know, it just seems stupid to me, it just seems dumb to used certain words in just about every sentence. 

52 minutes ago, dtel said:

One thing about rap is if you were to remove 2-3 words they would have to completely redo the song, and the word song was used very loosely. 

Is this how most people talk these days, pretty sad if so, just one opinion. Or does those words make you smarter, tougher and cool?

No prude here as many here who have met me know, it just seems stupid to me, it just seems dumb to used certain words in just about every sentence. 

Rap is a pretty loose term. There is mainstream garbage like 'gangsta rap' that is morally, lyrically and musically bankrupt is crap they throw at the masses. Underground HipHop is actually fairly sophisticated and deals with stories, politics etc. Blue Scholars (Seattle) and Atmosphere (Minneapolis)  are some of my favorite groups. 

Here is a Blue Scholars song about life in a military family and the reality of deployment and what happens to the soldier's family when they never come home:

This is a really good song from Atmosphere talking about the realities of Blue Collar life and struggling to pay bills etc:

Hopsin has some good stuff too. This one is a little rough (language warning) but if you listen to the lyrics its a powerful wake-up call to the younger kids living without any direction other than following the mainstream garbage:

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, twk123 said:

Hopsin has some good stuff too. This one is a little rough (language warning) but if you listen to the lyrics its a powerful wake-up call to the younger kids living without any direction other than following the mainstream garbage:

Better, a good message, but few probably listen, it's a shame, a wasted generation.

1 hour ago, twk123 said:

This is a really good song from Atmosphere talking about the realities of Blue Collar life and struggling to pay bills etc:

Your right, and not your standard rap, may actually have a good voice.