This is better than rap!!!

JL Sargent

I totally understand some people not liking a genre of music for instance I am sick and tired of 97% of classic rock and rock music. Classic rock and rock is over played, old, tired, warn out, and boring AF! What is the point of listening to the same crap when there is so much music in the world. This is better than Rap? At least RAP is a newer genre than rock. Don't get me started on the eagles I'd rather clean my ears with knitting needles than listen to them one more time. So I totally understand being tired of a genre right there with ya just in a different way.

4 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

Link to good rap please?

Good is in the ear of the hearer. One mans crap is another mans good and one mans good is another mans crap. I like a mix of the weird and different. Different is good.... sometimes.... 

This is just hilarious AF.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, seti said:

I totally understand some people not liking a genre of music for instance I am sick and tired of 97% of classic rock and rock music. Classic rock and rock is over played, old, tired, warn out, and boring AF! What is the point of listening to the same crap when there is so much music in the world. This is better than Rap? At least RAP is a newer genre than rock. Don't get me started on the eagles I'd rather clean my ears with knitting needles than listen to them one more time. So I totally understand being tired of a genre right there with ya just in a different way.

I appreciate the desire to hear something different, but if you want to talk about a repetitive grind, rap (hip-hop) is really simple and unoriginal.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Jeff Matthews said:

I appreciate the desire to hear something different, but if you want to talk about a repetitive grind, rap (hip-hop) is really simple and unoriginal.  

To us it sounds that way. Its just not our bag. The only thing I have against rap is that it replaced funk. They use lots of funk samples but Funk was a milllion times more interesting than rap or rock.

The very first time I heard Rap, was while watching the closing credits of the movie Deep Cover.  The bass line was impressive at the movie theater and I remember wishing it went on a bit longer.  It didn't make me a fan though.   Just an alert, there are a few f-bombs in this little tune.

Just an alert, there are a few f-bombs in this little tune.

Just an alert, the genre is riddled with F bombs and discussion of nonsense.   I don't have a problem with that per se, however when two words, one starting with F and one starting with N are the apparent sole focus and content of most of the songs, things can only be so exciting.   Every once in a never, I will listen to certain underground hip hop or something of the likes.   Rare however. 

3 minutes ago, Westcoastdrums said:

Just an alert, there are a few f-bombs in this little tune.

Just an alert, the genre is riddled with F bombs and discussion of nonsense.   I don't have a problem with that per se, however when two words, one starting with F and one starting with N are the apparent sole focus and content of most of the songs, things can only be so exciting.   Every once in a never, I will listen to certain underground hip hop or something of the likes.   Rare however. 

:huh:Nonsense??

How about calling it immoral and criminal activity, "yea that's the ticket".

2 minutes ago, Westcoastdrums said:

Not to offend anyone that likes the genre.   And I am speaking specifically of music within the genre.   I listen to plenty of music that the majority of you would hate.   But since we are in the better than rap thread.... 

Cool, and my first page post of two tunes from the 90s blows away ALL rap and sounds kinda like it too!