Klipsch RC-64 lll

Whiskey

Is there anyone in here that know any good product or how you get any speaker stand that can match up whit the size of the "RC-64 lll"....

I have google around for a bit but can just find smaller stands for center:s that not is  anyway near to fit this speaker, i would like something like this but its only "350 mm" and i need a lot more as the speaker itself is "900 mm"...

Another problem is that the idea is that the base should be on a TV-bench so it can´t be something that goes from the floor and up to the right height...

\ Whiskey

Edited by Whiskey

Is there anyone in here that know any good product or how you get any speaker stand that can match up whit the size of the "RC-64 lll"....

I have google around for a bit but can just find smaller stands for center:s that not is  anyway near to fit this speaker, i would like something like this but its only "350 mm" and i need a lot more as the speaker itself is "900 mm"...

Another problem is that the idea is that the base should be on a TV-bench so it can´t be something that goes from the floor and up to the right height...

\ Whiskey
Hi i had a speaker stand custom made from a guy in india lools and works great.. i can't really remember what i paid for it but it was ard 200 bucks.. came with spikes and all.. you can mail him at ali@soundfoundations.in

His website is http://soundfoundations.in/products/centre-speaker-stand/

The site has not been updated with the newer design. The picture of the stand is discontinued by them..b28d268b2cabd7d3b142a417c5cfcfcb.jpg7bb89b8ca02c31357c553e995b8b50ff.jpgb0fa5153d06836d08fac10f446385e61.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

• Like 2

11 hours ago, willland said:

Instead of a speaker stand, what about something like this?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00KKHUQ4S/ref=sspa_dk_detail_9?psc=1

tv riser computer monitor riser

Bill

Thanks for the suggestion but this is not any option for me....

5 hours ago, badass091286 said:

Hi i had a speaker stand custom made from a guy in india lools and works great.. i can't really remember what i paid for it but it was ard 200 bucks.. came with spikes and all.. you can mail him at ali@soundfoundations.in

His website is http://soundfoundations.in/products/centre-speaker-stand/

The site has not been updated with the newer design. The picture of the stand is discontinued by them..b28d268b2cabd7d3b142a417c5cfcfcb.jpg7bb89b8ca02c31357c553e995b8b50ff.jpgb0fa5153d06836d08fac10f446385e61.jpg

As i told i don´t want it to go from the floor as i have my tv- bench and need it as i need to have the amplifiers and receivers in there maybe i need a new one but its need to be something there to have the stuff in :)

4 hours ago, wuzzzer said:

Post a picture of where you are wanting to place the speaker.

Here come a picture of the bench, its from IKEA and can be found here

The plan is to set the tv on the wall once i found out what side of the room i will have it on, and then have the center on top of the bench.....

But then the next problem come, i don´t know if it need to have some angled slightly upwards to get the sound right in the TV couch.

5FUmamj.jpg

3 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

If it makes any difference, you can place quite a large TV on top of an RC64lll.

My only question is to every one that does that, and suggest that is... Who the **** buy something for 195€ and place something on it and that can make a lot of unwanted marks and scratches?

But maybe that's a question of how much you care about your stuff, or your budget maybe what do i know but i have never understand why you would do something like that....

\ Whiskey

Edited by Whiskey

54 minutes ago, wuzzzer said:

All you have to do is put some kind of fabric between the tv and the speaker.

Lots of people do that.  In fact, Klipsch themselves has many pictures of TVs set directly on top of their center speakers.

Wtf, this get me thinking about the song by "Astrid S" whit the very convenient title "Think before i talk"....

That is actually true, i never thought about it that way i just thought you need this stupid "center base".

In some stupid way i just was so concentrated of get the center of the speaker pointing right at your face but does the top of the horn doing that on your spakers? No it´s not!

Well i think that actually answer my question and maybe the height is just about right, but whit the speaker whit a slight of angled would for sure look more cool, and again why in the earth would you have something stand on your lovely speakers i can´t figure this out...

Thanks again everyone for all your time and for helping me sorting this out.....

\ Whiskey

2 hours ago, Whiskey said:

Thanks for the suggestion but this is not any option for me....

As i told i don´t want it to go from the floor as i have my tv- bench and need it as i need to have the amplifiers and receivers in there maybe i need a new one but its need to be something there to have the stuff in :)

Here come a picture of the bench, its from IKEA and can be found here

The plan is to set the tv on the wall once i found out what side of the room i will have it on, and then have the center on top of the bench.....

But then the next problem come, i don´t know if it need to have some angled slightly upwards to get the sound right in the TV couch.

5FUmamj.jpg

My only question is to every one that does that, and suggest that is... Who the **** buy something for 195€ and place something on it and that can make a lot of unwanted marks and scratches?

But maybe that's a question of how much you care about your stuff, or your budget maybe what do i know but i have never understand why you would do something like that....

\ Whiskey

Sorry....just trying to help......good luck.

3 hours ago, Whiskey said:

Well i think that actually answer my question and maybe the height is just about right, but whit the speaker whit a slight of angled would for sure look more cool

If you look on the bottom of your RC-64II, there is a threaded insert. The speaker was sold with (if purchased new) a threaded rod and rubber foot that is used to angle the speaker up.

@willlandsuggestion above for a tv riser is a good idea if you don't wall mount and want to protect the speaker

Edit: I see you have the RC-64III not the II. The posted pics thru me off. Not sure if the III has the threaded insert on the bottom.

\ Whiskey
Hmmm.. you might want to mount the tv on the wall first before you decide on speaker placement. You need to get your viewing angle right after you sit on your couch and match the center of your tv screen to your eye level first.. then you can figure out the center speaker and your equipment rack's placement.. your equipment don't necessarily need to be below your tv unless you don't want any long cables.

I'd suggest if you are not planning on placing your subs in front then you cant get another identical rack and place them to the left and right of your tv and get a stand for your center speaker which will be in the center below your tv..

But your tv has to be mounted on the wall first before thinking abt where to place your center speaker.. cos you can play around with either the top or below your tv for the center speaker... but once your tv is mounted, it's not gonna move anywhere.