Sneak Peek: Klipsch Home Theater "System Builder"

Chad

• Administrators

Hi all, 

I wanted you to have a look at something we've been working on (and are still working on) that just was made live today: https://www.klipsch.com/system-builder

This is a tool to assist users in configuring their own Klipsch home theater within 1 of 4 product lines. It's not a "be-all end-all" tool, but merely a way to assist users in selecting all the Klipsch speakers needed for most common speaker configurations. 

You start by selecting a product category and speaker configuration, then you select the main (L & R) speakers. That main speaker selection determines the available choices for all the other components. When all components are selected, you'll get a SKU for that build, a list of your components, and either an add-to-cart button with price (if all the components are available to buy on klipsch.com) or a dealer locator to find your nearest dealer.

Please check it out! I'd love to read anyone's feedback. We have plans to improve on this base feature.

https://www.klipsch.com/system-builder

Thanks!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

14 hours ago, TasDom said:

I don't see any RF-7III choices. Is it me or not in the configurations yet?

I think it's because the RF-7 III is kind of its own line.  It doesn't fall into any of the four categories listed.  Good catch.  It should definitely be available on the Configurator.

• Like 1

Very cool feature! I'm new to Klipsch and could have used your system builder when I made a major purchase (to me) of Klipsch speakers) during your recent Black Friday extended sale. I purchased the R-820F Floorstanding Speakers, a Klipsch R-34C Center Speaker and lastly a set of your R-41SA Surround Speakers with Dolby Atmos.

I'm pairing it all up with an LG OLED65B7A that I bought in Jan 2018. I have it hanging beautifully on the wall my Man Land. My sophisticated alternative to Man Cave.....No knuckle draggers here! I still may need another set of surround or ceiling speakers and an Atmos enabled receiver to complete my set up. I have an old sub that I have left over from my old Onkyo theatre-in-a-box surround system. Any ideas/suggestions on how to place the R-41's (on top of my820's or hang them on my rear back wall?) and a decent receiver that can push it all would be appreciated. Thanks

LGManLand.JPG

Edited by This Old Dude
Spelling and clarity of post

On 11/28/2018 at 10:19 AM, Chad said:

I'd love to read anyone's feedback

I would hasten to say that a good deal of people that are building these kinds of systems have some sort of budget in mind.  I would hate to go back and forth and back and forth not knowing what kind of system cost I could expect.

• Like 2

• Administrators
23 hours ago, jimjimbo said:

I would hasten to say that a good deal of people that are building these kinds of systems have some sort of budget in mind.  I would hate to go back and forth and back and forth not knowing what kind of system cost I could expect.

Valid point, but sometimes we can't display pricing on our site for certain products... for reasons. That said, maybe we can work with ranges. I'll note it. Thanks

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chad said:

Valid point, but sometimes we can't display pricing on our site for certain products... for reasons. That said, maybe we can work with ranges. I'll note it. Thanks

I'm sure you can display MSRP, yes?  That would give the folks at least some idea of where they are in the hierarchy of pricing......

The first problem I see is that Klipsch offers choices in terms of what THEY know and not in terms of what the CUSTOMER knows.  That is backwards IMO, I'll explain further.

The difference is your configuator shows me what KLIPSCH has to SELL, it does not tell me as a consumer what speakers would be best suited for my budget or needs.  (big living room, med/small room, dedicated home theater)

1.  Confusing naming convention:  I started with 5.1.  My first choices were Reference Premier, and Reference.  All of us regulars know there is Klipsch line for Best Buy, mid-tier RP and top of the line Reference.  Someone new to Klipsch would have NO idea of those distinctions and might find the choices confusing.  Without price points the new consumer would have no idea of what is better than what.

2.  No way to opt out of sub-category choice:  My second problem was that there was no way to opt out of a category choice. 

For instance an experienced speaker owner wanting to upgrade speakers might already have a quality sub.  I was only able to pick from the three subs offered in the RP line, 8. 10 and 12.  A new-to-Klipsch guy might want to opt out of the choices for a sub.  You might want to consider an option for "None."

3.  Add more sub choices:  My last observation was the limited choices for subs.  A 15" sub is a popular choice these days.  It should be offered for each model tier.

Please understand I'm not being overly negative because there are lots of positives but I focused on my view for some constructive feedback.

On 12/4/2018 at 3:40 PM, jimjimbo said:

I've spent a little more time playing with the system.  For the R-Series (Reference?) when I was done it showed me a 5.1 price for $1400.  For the RP series no price was shown.

I also think the Reference Series (RF ?) should be shown on the configurator.

+++

I'm not trying to be a jerk but I know the distinctions of the three tiers and I STILL feel pretty confused about what I'm seeing.

Somehow I want to know very clearly which is the Entry-level, Mid-level and Top-level system.  Listing three tiers with similar sounding names is confusing to me.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • Chad unpinned this topic
  • Chad unfeatured this topic