Quintet 5.0 satellite speakers

Ron DeLancey

I have a small room which currently has the Quintet 5.0 satellite speakers & sub. I want to expand this to a 7.2 system thus brings this question. Are Quintet 5.0 satellite speakers sold individually other than used? I have some older Boston Acoustic satellites I could use for the rear units but don't want to mix & match if possible. The older BA's have the same outer design as the Quintets and are a little smaller. They sounded good when I had them on a previous system. Your comments are appreciated.

Ron. D

• Moderators

No guarantees but with Quintets if they look just like the Klipsch and labeled Klipsch they probably are, I don't think I have ever seen any that were copied from that model.

Used some Quintets at one time, quite impressive considering the size, no bass but they're designed to go with a sub which really helps alot, surprising output and very clear. 

Perfect for a small room, they will surprise you, especially with a decent sub to fill in the bottom end well.

I would order off ebay if the ad looks good for something like that.

detel & wuzzer thanks again for your input. Yes detel I use a subwoofer with them as stand alone speakers aren't designed to put out enough low frequency. I've seen some Quintet series 4 new on Amazon that can be purchased individually too. My small room current setup is 5.1 but the A/V receiver is 7.2 capable. I am a bass player which uses Genz-Benz bass amplification for live applications so low end is important to my ears.  Update: I have found Series V Quintets on Ebay sold individually which are new so I am going that route. Again many thanks for your comments and help.

Edited by Ron DeLancey
Updated info