Pairing a nicer wireless sub with my soundbar

Thundercat710

Hello, I'm picking up an RSB-11 soundbar today. If I'm underwhelmed with the 8" wireless sub that comes bundled with it, can I just get an R-10SWi and pair that to the soundbar? How much more pronounced should I expect that 10" to sound compared to the 8"? 

I've seen reviewers say that shakes their dishes in the other room, etc. - wondering if that's an embellishment on their part :)

Thanks, 

Mike D.

I'm confused; in a 21 hour old post, you stated that you already hooked this system up at your home? Is this a replacement? if so, let us know how it goes. Hopefully the woofer output will be improved. Sorry, I don't have an answer to your question about the R-10SWi.

32 minutes ago, Blvdre said:

I'm confused; in a 21 hour old post, you stated that you already hooked this system up at your home? Is this a replacement? if so, let us know how it goes. Hopefully the woofer output will be improved. Sorry, I don't have an answer to your question about the R-10SWi.

That's correct, this is a replacement soundbar and sub. The first set was returned to the store. I spent the next day looking for other options and didn't really find anything in the budget I'm fixed on. I'm hoping that when I get this going tonight that the woofer output is better than the first time. If it ends up being the case that I just don't like the 8" woofer that comes in the bundle, I'm planning on getting the R-10SWi to either complement or replace the 8" woofer.

• Like 1

Well, failure.

Got the R-10SWi tonight. It comes with a Bluetooth transmitter that connects to an LFE out. I figured (wrongly) that instead of using the included transmitter, this woofer would automatically pair with the RSB-11 soundbar via Bluetooth, like the other woofer does. Negative. And since the soundbar and tv don't have a LFE out I believe I'm hosed. I don't have a receiver anymore, so what are my options to get this to work? Can it work?