RF7 III thoughts Best Amplifier not AVR

ron789

On 11/28/2018 at 2:00 PM, ron789 said:

Fronts  2 RF-7 iii,   Center RC-64 iii,  2 Surrounds RP-250 S , 2 Subs R-115 SW,  2 In-ceiling Speakers came with the house believe they are Martin Logan  , Denon  4400 H Sounds good am concerned may be underpowered.

Was advised to get an Amplifier, looking for feedback as to what is recommended? 

Think I need a 5 or 7 channel amplifier  with 200 per channel at 8 ohms. ( Not Sure)

Feedback and comments are highly appreciated.

I have those speakers and little more. Was running them with a Denon AVR X6400H and Klipsch are one of the MOST efficient speakers around, I bought a few separates (it's in my SIG). The Denon is only powering the 4 ATMOS speakers. The 7 CHAN 200 watt is feeding the surrounds and the L&R wides, and the 3 CHAN 300 WATT is feeding the LCR. And the only thing this did is make me have to watch EVERYTHING I have ever watched in my life ALL OVER AGAIN. I did not make a big difference... it made a GIGANTIC DIFFERENCE!

I was watching films at around 12 db with just the Denon running everything. Now I can barely go above -4. Way more bass, high, clarity, depth, punch, dynamic range, etc. 

It only made a world of a difference.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I just purchased a new set of RF-7's Klipsch center channel, Klipsh rear channels, Klipsh atmos speakers, 12 inch Klipsch sub and 15 inch Klipsch sub. Looking at amps now. Can anyone suggest a great amplifier? I want to watch movies but also want to listen to Rock and Roll at extreme volumes! 

I was about to order the Marrantz 8012 hoping it would accomplish both. I don't mind doing a dual set up. Just don't have to much knowledge at this point. Hoping someone will share their knowledge with us! Budget for amp(s) of around 4K.

Edited by Jimmyt